Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/28/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under general direction from the Controller, manages cashiering, student financial services, and centralized accounts receivable systems for the university. Manages and coordinates activities of workers engaged in keeping complete books of tuition fees and other receipts for the institution.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Directs all phases of revenue collections within student financial services, billing and receivables, and cashiering functions of the university.
- Supervises the cashiering, accounts receivables and student receivables as well as oversees recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of staff.
- Maintains student's information system as it relates to the business office and ensures confidentiality of the information.
- Assists all university's employees in understanding, reviewing and reconciling their budget print outs.
- Assists the Controller in safeguarding the assets of the university and in handling any problems that may arise.
- Provides direction and leadership in financial management, fiscal policies review and changes; conducts special studies as required; ensures compliance with university, state, and federal regulations and standard accounting procedures.
- Provides periodic reports of receipts and technical information to the university community and to external funding agencies.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors, participates in auditing projects, or provides information and access to accounting records as required.
- Directs the implementation, administration, and recordkeeping of the Direct Lending Program.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization's goals and objectives.
- Develops and manages annual budgets for the organization and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Represents the University to various institutional divisions as well as externally to governmental agencies, vendors, students and their parents, and/or the general public.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.