Detailed Job Description
Under the supervision of the Instructional Technologist, the Instructional Designer - Multimedia Writer will be principally responsible for writing and developing compelling scripts and storyboards for instructional video, activities and interactive learning experiences. This team member will work directly with subject matter experts and staff to design, write, and oversee the creation of technology-based educational media and interactive learning experiences.
-Plan, organize, and write scripts and/or creative treatments for the creation of video and interactive learning experiences. (60%)
-Assess and evaluate learning outcomes, objectives and instructional material for appropriateness and effective utilization of technologies and educational media. (20%)
-Organize and distribute multimedia assignments amongst editing, graphic design, video production and web development staff. (10%)
-Research tools, technologies and practices and maintain, and improve department standards, processes, and procedures for educational media production. (10%)
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Bachelor's degree in a related field plus two years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience totaling 6 years.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
-Ability to imagine, design and write compelling copy/scripts for interactive learning and multimedia experiences.
-Ability to write to be understood by both students and multimedia staff.
-Ability to write for written and spoken word.
-Ability to select instructional material that would benefit from interactive or multimedia development.
-Ability to research the subject and apply principles of design in the creation of scripts and other written materials to meet the intended purpose.
-Ability to think creatively.
-Demonstrable skill in developing and delivering creative work.
-Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter, with strong organizational skills with the ability to manage a continuous work flow in a high volume, multi-tasking environment, while simultaneously managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
-Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative and diverse team environment.
-Ability to plan, manage, produce, direct, implement, and evaluate on-line course production.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For 'Other' attachment required with application: Please attach a demonstration of your writing. Please limit it to no more than 3 files and please keep each under ten pages.
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at HREmployment@uvu.edu.