Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/30/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The level of position into which the candidate will be hired will be based on the amount of relevant experience as determined by the Director.
The Office of Career Services (OCS) at The Fletcher School provides career education, programming and coaching to The Fletcher School´s students and alumni to help them maximize their career opportunities. The Fletcher School is a highly distinguished graduate school of international affairs. The OCS also does marketing and relationship management with employers around the world. The OCS seeks an individual with exceptional customer service skills, solid understanding of Human Resources staffing strategies and hiring practices in the assigned career fields, and superior communication skills to fill its available Assistant/Associate Director position.
The Assistant/Associate Director career coach has three primary responsibilities:
* One-on-one coaching and advising for students
* Sector-specific career education for assigned career fields and teaching for one section of a required-for-graduation, ten-week program for a classroom of 60 students; career education includes partnerships with student clubs and faculty to execute on-campus programming as well as organizing one of three major annual career events
* Employer outreach for organizations in assigned career areas and relationship management with existing employers
* Master´s degree
* Minimum of three to five (3 to 5) years of directly relevant post-graduate experience for the Assistant Director level, minimum of five to seven (5 to 7) years of directly relevant post-graduate experience for the Associate Director level
* Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, and knowledge of systems and how to encourage client usage
* This position requires availability and flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally to meet with employers and participate in annual career trips
Preferred Qualifications: The following are STRONGLY preferred: Master´s degree from an APSIA school; MBTI Certified Trainer, or Certified Federal Job Search Trainer. Experience in at least one of the following areas:
* U.S. Federal Government in either an HR managerial role and/or line management role with significant workforce planning responsibilities (familiarity with executive civil service hiring practices including excepted service, non-competitive conversion and competitive processes)
* Major NGO (e.g. Care, Oxfam) or International Organization (e.g. UN, World Bank) in either an HR managerial role/and or line management role with significant workforce planning responsibilities (familiarity with the P11, PHP or NCRE application processes)
* A career services/placement background at a top graduate school focused on supporting students entering either the U.S. Federal Government and/or NGOs/IOs and extensive familiarity with the unique hiring practices of those sectors
Special Work Schedule Requirements: Availability for occasional evening or weekend work and travel within the US and abroad to meet with employers and participate in annual career trips.
Tufts is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/vs56ktd
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.