Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/2/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The University of Alabama is seeking a dynamic and visionary leader with an outstanding record of achievement in both continuing and distance education for the position of Dean, College of Continuing Studies. The Dean represents the college, both internally and externally, to promote the development of UA outreach programs, with major responsibilities for extending the University of Alabama beyond traditional campus programs.
The Dean provides leadership and management of the resources required for designing, implementing, and evaluating the University’s Continuing and Distance Education programs, whether delivered at the conference center on campus, across the state of Alabama, or around the world. The Dean must continually demonstrate a working knowledge of marketing and promotion techniques, market research, continuous quality improvement, wise fiscal management, innovative fund-raising, state-of-the-art conference center management, and strategic use of new technology required for distance education.
The Dean is responsible for the overall conduct of the administrative functions of the College, including oversight of the College’s three major divisions: Academic Outreach; Professional Development and Conference Services; and UA SafeState. In addition, the Dean directly oversees the college’s Director of Business Development and College Relations, Executive Communications Manager, and Major Gifts Officer.
The Dean must be able to demonstrate and embrace UA core competencies by being open to challenges and critiques, displaying an entrepreneurial mindset, committing to service excellence for students and customers, as well as being a team player in a fast-paced environment.
• Lead the development and delivery of programs and services to make state and regional workplaces globally competitive
• Build, nurture, and sustain mutually beneficial relationships with external and internal constituents
• Foster the disciplines of innovation, integrated planning, and continuous improvement throughout the college
• Develop and embrace a team-oriented work culture
• Expand financial support for learning opportunities for the college
• Provide leadership and management of administrative and budgetary functions
• Earned doctorate in a related field
• Minimum of five years of relevant experience
• Demonstrated success in leading and managing academic and revenue-generating programs
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial management in an environment where program revenues are expected to cover direct and most indirect costs of program delivery
• Experience in the management of complex financial systems, including acquisition and management of funded projects
• Knowledge of emerging technologies used for the delivery and support of educational programs
• Ability to formulate, communicate, and build consensus for an organizational vision
• Record of success in establishing and expanding effective partnerships with multiple constituents
• Ability to cultivate partnerships with UA colleges and departments to expand and strengthen programs
• Ability to seek strategic alliances to increase opportunities for engagement and expand shared initiatives
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity; experience working effectively with diverse populations
Visit http://ccsdeansearch.ua.edu for more information or apply online at https://facultyjobs.ua.edu. A complete curriculum vita, cover letter, statement of leadership philosophy and three professional references should be attached. Screening of applicants will begin on May 16, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled.
For additional information, contact Dixie MacNeil, chair of the search committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Alabama values diversity and encourages all interested candidates to apply. The entities of the University of Alabama system are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information.
Prior to hiring, the final candidate(s) must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation. A prior conviction reported as a result of the background investigation DOES NOT automatically disqualify a candidate from consideration for this position. A candidate with a prior conviction will receive an individualized review of the prior conviction before a hiring decision is made. EOE/AA
The University of Alabama is an Equal Employment/Equal Educational Opportunity Institution. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against because of their protected status.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.