Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/1/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Chief Academic Officer in the Capstone College of Nursing (CCN), the Senior Associate Dean has primary responsibility for planning, implementing and evaluating baccalaureate and graduate programs. This individual works collaboratively with other college administrators and faculty in implementing the college’s mission and vision.
1. Works with the Assistant Deans of Undergraduate and Graduate Programs to oversee daily operations of the College.
2. Coordinates nursing accreditation process and assures college compliance with Alabama Board of Nursing regulations, national nursing accreditation standards and SACS accreditation standards.
3. Oversees implementation of assessment and evaluation policies and procedures.
4. Makes faculty teaching assignments.
5. Participates in the annual evaluation of faculty and administrators.
6. Collaborates with the College of Continuing Studies and online program faculty to assure quality online courses and programs.
7. Coordinates undergraduate and graduate program evaluations and provides summary reports to college committees and university administration.
8. Coordinates program and college data acquisition and reporting for state, regional and national organizations as requested.
9. Assures faculty compliance with licensure, health and other conditions of employment annually.
10. Communicates with students regarding their status in the programs.
11. Negotiates, coordinates, evaluates and assures compliance with clinical agency contracts.
12. Serves as the academic misconduct monitor and as the first intermediary in academic grievances for the college.
13. Maintains, applies and communicates with others as appropriate about college policies, revisions, and assures that policies in the CCN Faculty Handbook are current.
14. Teaches at undergraduate or graduate level.
15. Serves on the UA Council of Associate and Assistant Deans and CCN and UA Committees.
Reports to the Dean of the Capstone College of Nursing
1.Master’s in nursing and doctorate in nursing or a related field.
2.Current licensure as a registered nurse in Alabama.
3.Successful teaching experience with academic leadership experience.
4.A substantial record of scholarship justifying appointment at the rank of associate or full professor.
5. Ability to work independently and collaboratively with individuals and groups.
5. Appropriate membership and active participation in professional organizations at state/national levels.
The University of Alabama, the state’s oldest public university and the senior comprehensive doctoral level institution in Alabama, is ranked 31st in the top 50 public universities in the US News rankings. It is located in Tuscaloosa, a metropolitan area of approximately 160,000, with a vibrant economy, moderate climate, and a reputation across the South as an innovative, progressive community with a high quality of life. Easy access to mountains, large cities, and seashore.
After submitting your application on the UA jobsite, send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae with SS#, and a list of three references with addresses and phone numbers directly to Dr. Suzanne Prevost, Capstone College of Nursing, Box 870358, Tuscaloosa, Al 35487
Prior to hiring, the final candidate(s) must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation. A prior conviction reported as a result of the background investigation DOES NOT automatically disqualify a candidate from consideration for this position. A candidate with a prior conviction will receive an individualized review of the prior conviction before a hiring decision is made. EOE/AA
The University of Alabama is an Equal Employment/Equal Educational Opportunity Institution. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against because of their protected status.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.