Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/6/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Gifts Processing Specialist enters gift and constituent data, and maintains financial reporting in the University Advancement database, Raiser’s Edge. This position conducts the financial and gift processes that include financial reporting and generating tax receipts and major gift invoices. Responsible for collaborative planning for gift processing, financial reporting, appeal and fund maintenance, gift adjustments, and serves as a primary contact for lock box management, while accurately reconciling financial accounts between the University Foundation’s Financial Edge database.
60% Gift Processing – This position is the primary staff for gifts processing which enters gifts daily into Raiser’s Edge, according to standardized business process, including but not limited to, entering and adjusting gifts from multiple sources and multiple purposes, posts gifts to the GL and ensures gifts balance with Foundation accounts. Generates and sends timely tax receipts and acknowledgment letters as stated by business process for all gifts received. This position follows up with colleagues in order to gain gift and donor information when necessary and is the first point of contact for MSU Denver’s banking institution to coordinate and maintain process.
20% Financial Reporting – This position maintains current financial reports and generates new reports proactive and reactively, and manages the Financial Services Request Queue. This position represents gift knowledge at staff, product software, and process meetings.
15% Data Entry – This position is responsible to update constituent information through many resources. This includes a responsibility to the Advancement Services information intake process. Correctly updating information and maintaining database integrity is an integral role of every advancement Services team member. Additionally, this position has a close partnership with the Data and Services Coordinator to support events processing.
5% Operations – This position works with the highly integrated Advancement Services team. This role requires the ability to cross train and work proactively in supporting the Advancement Services team in University Advancement. Occasionally, there are opportunities to take a leadership role to support a team project or take initiative to further support this position. Responsibilities include other duties as assigned.
• Process all monetary contributions as defined by Departmental and University policies and procedures, with extreme accuracy, within a timeframe defined by procedures; adhering to guidelines from the IRS, Audit Services and CASE
• Record data daily into the Alumni/Development database system appropriately, including gifts, pledges, payments, soft credits, tribute data, etc., running proof reports for each batch to audit data integrity and quality control
• Maintain integrity of information in database through cross-referencing and data checking, and ongoing attention to detail. Provide regular feedback to other participants to ensure this accuracy and data expansion.
• Process gifts from several sources: Blackbaud NetCommunity, designated call center software, Blackbaud Merchant Services and other related software
• Generate and distribute regular financial reports
• Develop new reports and queries as requested
• Generate acknowledgment letters and tax receipts for donations under $1000 to support established business process
• Respond to financial inquiries and contact donors as needed
• Accurately research and verify payments against pledges, gift checks, gifts of stock, new pledges, and in-kind gifts following donor instructions
• Produce annual donor statements and major gift donor invoices
• Coordinate requests for matching gifts and follow up with donors and employers to ensure match is fulfilled
• Work with Development staff to ensure accuracy of gift entry and reporting
• Support Advancement Updates, update Raiser’s Edge from this queue
• Support data integrity by processing returned mail
• Maintain and update Gift Processing Manual as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
• 5+ years full-time office experience
• 3+ years of experience in gifts processing or related experience
• 1+ years of database query application and development
• 1+ years of experience with Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge or related
• Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Word and Excel
• 1+ years experience in a position requiring high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Experience providing customer service
• 1+ years of database administration
• Familiarity with OMatic Software’s Import-O-Matic
• Associates Degree or equivalent
• Advanced skill with Excel
• Proficiency with Crystal Reports or related software
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.