Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/3/2011.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Davis & Elkins College Department of English is seeking a generalist with a specialty in composition. This is a tenure-track, full-time faculty position.
Responsibilities include teaching primarily composition courses and some literature courses; participating in department and college activities, which may include curriculum development or College Writing Center support; program review; and other outreach activities. Duties also include student advising, contribution to student growth and development, evaluating student performance, scholarly activity, and service to the College community. Qualifications include:
• A doctorate in the English or a related field is preferred before the beginning of the first semester of employment. Candidates who are ABD will be considered.
• Evidence of successful teaching is expected.
• Applicants should have good communication skills and demonstrate strong commitment to excellence in teaching
• Demonstrated abilities/competence in instructional technology, and commitment to interdisciplinary education is preferred
• Must have an understanding of and appreciation for liberal arts education. The College is committed to fostering a global perspective.
Candidates should send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references to: Victor L. Thacker, PhD, Provost and Dean of the Faculty, Davis & Elkins College, 100 Campus Drive, Elkins, WV 26241. Davis & Elkins College is an AAEO employer.
Davis & Elkins College is located in Elkins, WV, a culturally vibrant mountain town in the heart of the state’s finest outdoor recreation area. D&E is a private, four-year liberal arts college affiliated with the Presbyterian Church, USA.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.