Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/26/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Ohio Christian University’s mission is to prepare students to serve effectively in the church and society by providing a holistic, Christ-centered, biblically integrated education in the Wesleyan tradition. Ohio Christian University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Information technology (IT) is at the heart of OCU’s mission. As a result, Ohio Christian University is looking for an individual with the skills and ingenuity necessary to maintain a high availability environment. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of OCU’s Student Information System (SIS) with the mission of increasing the effectiveness of the system.
• Serve as technical expert responsible for managing the SIS and assisting users as they seek to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Work with the OCU community, IT professionals, and outside vendors to provide oversight, and guidance for the implementation and ongoing operation of OCU’s SIS
1. Primary responsibility is being an expert user of SonisWeb’s Capabilities/Documentation
2. Build and maintain custom reports using ColdFusion Report Builder
3. Train and Consult with departments in order to understand the needs and to match existing Sonis functionality to the needs of the department and determine if custom work is needed to meet the needs of the department.
4. Determine if features within Sonis are broken or if the intended functionality does not produce the desired results.
5. Work with SonisWeb support to provide solutions and guidance to users related to operational issues and best practices.
6. Act as negotiator between departments when different data or functional needs arise
7. Interface with vendors and System Architect to determine system capabilities and match capabilities to departmental processes
8. Develop and maintain documentation and perform design reviews to ensure that all requirements are consistent, complete, correct, and clearly defined
9. Generate system requirements, based on the user's needs and other constraints such as cost and schedule.
10. Identify and report quality and compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action.
11. Provide technical support for issues related to SonisWeb by addressing level 1 and level 2 issues before if determining if an issue must be elevated to level 3 support.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Desired: 2 years of experience working within higher education
• Associates Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline
• Minimum 3 years of experience with one or more SIS system (Sonis, DataTel, Power Campus, Jenzabar, Joomla, Kuali, etc.)
• Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
• Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
• Driven to learn new technology and build in-depth expertise
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in technical writing of standards and processes
• Analytic, creative and business-focused problem solver
• Familiar with XML structures and SQL queries
• Experience with Access or similar report writing software
• Proven change agent with exceptional ability to drive execution against stated goals
• Proficiency in configuring, installing, fine-tuning Microsoft SQL Server (2005 and 2008) components
Visit the OCU website at www.ohiochristian.edu
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.