Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/25/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
• Serves as a classroom instructor of Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Aerospace Academy (SEMAA) activities for students (Kindergarten -12th grade).
• This position will require the development of weekly mission lesson plans that include inventory of supplies required to encourage hands-on learning activities.
• The instructor will be responsible for developing and maintaining course assessments and preparing student assessment reports.
• The instructor will be expected to provide classroom management and instruction in assigned courses. Providing comprehensive written evaluations of each student will also be expected.
• Instructor will be responsible for planning and assisting with computer lab instruction and/or field trips for all students.
• Monitor and keep a weekly log of student attendance, behavior, and academic development.
• Monitor a weekly parent sign-in and out attendance logs.
• Assess teaching and learning outcomes and provide essential feedback to students, parents, and administrators.
• Set professional goals with supervisor and monitor progress monthly.
• Provide a comprehensive written evaluation on each participant enrolled in class.
• Develop hands-on experiences and participate in field trips.
• Assist in the development of curriculum, needs assessment, and pre and post testing.
• Assist with the planning and implementation of recognition programs and special events.
• Submit program documents weekly to assigned staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in science or closely related field and/or equivalent experience
Experience teaching science or closely related subjects to students in grades, K-12th.
Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Experience working with youth from diverse backgrounds.
Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population.
Ability to follow program guidelines and expectations.
Experience working in the instruction of students in science.
Ability to develop and deliver engaging lessons that facilitate the teaching process and enhance the learning experience.
Provide a seven-week instructional assignment from September 20, 2014 to November 1, 2014.
The instructor will work approximately 4-6 hours per week, between 8:30am and 12:30pm, Saturdays, and as scheduled during the week for planning and special programming purposes.
Attend staff planning meetings as scheduled.
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.