Detailed Job Description
The Woodbury School of Business invites applicants for a tenure track faculty in Personal Financial Planning with special expertise in program development, internship coordination, and fostering of professional relations within the financial planning industry.
-The successful candidate will be developing and teaching a variety of courses that prepare students to successfully achieve CFP� certification upon the completion of a bachelor degree in personal financial planning.
-The successful candidate will also be responsible for developing a premier internship process with practitioners in the industry. PFP Program students will be expected to complete a paid internship between his/her third and fourth year in the program. As a result an extensive history of industry experience will be required of the candidate chosen for the position.
-A documented record of a passion for teaching at the undergraduate level, as well as a history of scholarship leading to publications in well-regarded refereed journals that would meet AACSB standards is also expected.
-The faculty position will begin fall 2012 and be a vital part of the recently implemented PFP Program within the WSB. Candidates will be considered at the associate professor level. Please submit an application at www.uvu.jobs . The application should include a curriculum vita, transcript of undergraduate/graduate work, and names/contact information of three references. Screening of candidates will begin in early 2012 and continue until the position is filled.
Requires a completed Ph.D. or D.B.A. and an earned certification as a Certified Financial Planner � prior to the starting date.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Maintains status as academically qualified through regularly scholarly activities that include publishing in peer-reviewed journals, presentations at academic conferences, and other scholarly work.
- Teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in personal financial planning.
- Plans, prepares, and follows an approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for each course taught.
- Develop and manage internship program for PFP students.
- Prepares instructional materials (i.e., exams, visual aids, course outlines, syllabi, and instruction sheets) as necessary.
- Instructs, manages, and supervises individuals and groups in classrooms by the following methods: demonstration, discussion, visual aids, lectures, field trips, individualized instruction, on-line instruction, and other appropriate instructional methods.
- Evaluates instruction and learning by means of written, oral, practical, and performance tests.
- Maintains a student-oriented approach to education.
- Recommends students for advancement and graduation.
- Maintains and submits accurate and current reports and records involving student accountability and performance.
- Supervises extracurricular activities as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains office hours.
- Assists department chair, faculty, department staff, and advisers in maintaining an effective program.
- Serves on committees and attends faculty and other meetings as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must complete a UVU application (no resumes are accepted without an application). Applications must be completed fully, and a Resume is NOT a substitution for the application.
To receive full consideration for education, an applicant must submit transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies. Some positions may require submission of other supporting materials; see the specific job posting for details. To be considered in the first screening, all materials must be received by the screening date. Attach supplemental materials ONLY in PDF or Word format online with the application at www.uvu.jobs. Please note that the file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that applicants take documents that are not in an electronic form to a local copy center and have them scanned into a black and white PDF format, and then applicants can attach them electronically to the online application. Please note that hiring committees will not receive paper documents, all documents must be scanned and attached electronically. For questions contact Human Resources at HREmployment@uvu.edu. Human Resources is not responsible for attaching documents submitted incorrectly by applicants.
Application materials become the property of UVU.