Detailed Job Description
The faculty member is expected to teach twelve credits per semester. Other faculty responsibilities include student advising, committee assignments, professional activities of research, presentation and publication, and program, school, university and community service.
Requires an earned doctorate in psychology, evidence of excellence in university teaching, and potential excellence in scholarship and service. Applicants may be ABD at the time of application, but must defend their dissertation before the beginning of Fall 2012. Specialization area is open, but candidates who are committed to student writing and can teach human development, cognition, biological psychology, statistics, or research methods are particularly desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellence in teaching as demonstrated through effective instructional strategies and techniques.
- Effective interpersonal, problem-solving and decision-making skills, with a willingness to serve on committees.
-Meaningful engaged scholarship
Special Instructions to Applicants
Must attach Evidence of Quality Teaching as other attachment.
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at HREmployment@uvu.edu.