Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/25/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Auto req ID: 25778BR
School/Unit: Harvard Kennedy School
Department: Executive Education
Union: 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Duties & Responsibilities: Position Summary:
Reporting to the Executive Director of Program Delivery, this person directs & manages an assignedgroup of programs under close supervision. Programs will be predominantly online but will include some onsite. Programs may include a mix of open enrollment and contract programs. Responsible for leading all aspects of assigned programs, including coordinating faculty effort, ensuring participant satisfaction, managing operational staff, and achieving financial targets. Responsible for the management of the operational aspects of Executive Education which includes training of staff on processes, oversight of curriculum production, and course iSites production and oversight. Responsible for data analysis and reporting on aspects of program management unit functions as needed.
Program management/operations responsibilities:
Represents the Harvard Kennedy School and Executive Education to faculty and program participants; is prepared and professional in public presentations and meetings; organizes reports and data for faculty chair(s) and senior director.
* Reviews, enhances and implements existing marketing and sales outreach strategy; coordinates with marketing team. Strategy may include direct mail, conference participation, third party funding relationships, recruiting meetings, and/or sales visits to target groups
* Develops strong working relationships with faculty chair; staffs faculty chair for program activity as appropriate; keeps faculty chair informed of all major program related activity and/or decisions
* Manages all aspects of admissions and enrollment process, including admissions decisions, and fellowship award decisions. Oversees communication strategy and processes with prospective participants
* Informs Executive Director of program status enrollment, program highlights, participant issues, performance vs. targets, etc.
* Directs program operations, including all aspects of logistics, faculty relationships and curriculum development; takes lead in anticipating and resolving issues in collaboration with the executive director
* Manages staff assigned to program; ensuring a high level of professionalism, teamwork and focus on customer service. Reviews staff work; completes program staff evaluations.
* Establishes the overall timeline for the program, and ensures that all tasks are completed as needed coordinating the efforts of faculty, staff, and supporting units both within and outside Exec Ed.
* Maintains a high level of professionalism and focus on customer service within the program team. Seeks to exceed participant expectations whenever possible
* Exercises financial management and oversight of assigned programs. Develops program budgets; strives to achieve financial goals. Responsible for program spending, including faculty compensation, catering charges, etc. Approves staff overtime. Responsible for collection of unpaid tuition. Identifies and troubleshoots any problems as quickly as possible with Financial Unit
* In the case of custom programs, works with Finance Unit to develop and implement formal agreements with clients, based on standard contracting methodology.
* Fulfills all required reporting processes, including financial reconciliation and the Program Review & Outlook (PRO) process. Tracks and complies with any external reporting requirements; for example, with third party payers
* Contributes to program and department improvements
* Other duties as needed
* Oversee technical support systems involved in curriculum and program delivery, such as digital curriculum applications and distance learning software.
* Central curriculum coordination with Course Materials Office
* Oversees the video/dvd/exercise library for the department
* Oversees development and management of the curriculum portion of the program websites
* Oversees transition of curriculum to program teams. Train program coordinators and staff assistants on curriculum system as needed.
Additional Information: Please upload your resume and cover letter as one document.
Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background checks.
Basic Qualifications: Bachelors degree required. Interdisciplinary focus (such as public administration, public policy, business, etc.) or a minimum of 5 years directly related experience. Experience working with online course delivery platforms is required.
Additional Qualifications: TheAssociate Director is a professional with good supervisory, organizational, and communication skills, both oral and written.Must be comfortable speaking before a group; Must be willing to work long hours, especially while programs are in session.
Essential Competencies: composure, integrity and trust, time management, delegation, planning, drive for results, written communications, managing diversity, presentation skills, building effective teams, organizational agility, directing others, motivating others, dealing with ambiguity, comfort around higher management.
Pre-Employment Screening: Criminal
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/b62p98g
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.