Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/13/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Working with the associate registrar, technical services and operations, provides computer and systems support, maintenance and troubleshooting for all systems related to the registrar’s office with primary responsibility for the maintenance, development and troubleshooting of the Academic Advisement module of the Oracle Campus Solutions student administration systems. Responsible for training and assisting in the development of training documentation for the registrar’s office and advising staff on all aspects of student record maintenance related to academic advisement. Troubleshoots system problems and acts as liaison with ITS on various projects. Works with faculty and staff on all issues related to academic advisement.
1. Serves as functional lead for the academic advisement module of PeopleSoft for both undergraduate and graduate advisement. Responsible for building, updating and maintaining all curricular requirements within the advisement module
2. Reviews all curricular and policy changes approved through university governance. Analyzes curriculum requirements and, in collaboration with administrators, develops implementation plans for new academic majors, graduate programs, minors and concentrations. Implements updates and changes. Works with associate registrar, technical services and operations on developing testing protocols and conducts testing of changes and updates on student academic records. Documents all requirement changes and updates. Conducts advisement and transfer-related testing for system upgrades and patches as needed
3. Assists with the testing, implementation, integration, operation, documentation and maintenance of various other administrative systems, including but not limited to the PeopleSoft system (Student Records, Academic Advisement, Curriculum Management, 3Cs), the digital imaging system, web portal, knowledge base and office website
4. Responds to requests from Student Navigation Center service staff, faculty, other university staff and students regarding all aspects of the Academic Advisement module. Works with the associate directors and ITS department to troubleshoot and resolve all issues arising in relation to the Advisement module
5. Generates standard advisement reports according to the established procedures and polices of the registrar’s office and assists in developing the operations schedule for advisement reporting
6. Responsible for assisting with the training of registrar’s office staff, Student Navigation Service Center and advising office staff on all aspects of the Advisement module and assists with such training for other Registrar systems. In consultation with the associate registrar, develops and maintains training documentation and operations information related to academic advisement.
7. Responsible for entering and updating complex course requisites in Student Administration system and coordinating work assignments in consultation with associate director for subordinate staff in the entry of basic course requisite information. Works with administrators and staff on developing appropriate timelines for requisite implementation and course catalog updates and entry
8. Assists with the coordination of data processing tasks relative to Academic Advisement maintenance, student records, curriculum management, and transfer credit equivalency maintenance. Reviews volume of data entry relative to these requirements and may assign work as necessary to registrar’s office staff in consultation with the associate and assistant directors
9. Assists graduation staff as needed during peak graduation season. May assists with the clearing of degrees for both undergraduate and graduate prospective graduates and assist in the generation of error reports related to degree clearing and degree posting listings are generated
10. Serves on committees as assigned by the president, vice president of enrollment management and student life and university registrar
11. Demonstrates sensitivity to students, faculty, and staff of varying racial, ethnic, religious, gender, cultural, disability, sexual orientation and socioeconomic backgrounds and demonstrates sensitivity to students with a diversity of learning styles
12. Other duties as assigned
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background check satisfactory to the University. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.
Please Note: If there is no application deadline associated with a position, it may come down at any time. Once a posting is removed, additional applications will not be accepted.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/77j4mcr
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.