Detailed Job Description
This position is responsible for analysis, preparation, and monitoring of the University's budgets.
- Preparation, monitoring, and analysis of all aspects of the University's budget.
- Advises AVP for Budget and Financial Analysis on budget matters including periodic estimates of income and expenditures and analysis factors which drive them, trends in certain budget categories, and analysis of unit compliance or deviation from budget parameters.
- Prepares and performs annual duties related to year end, development of the annual budget, and carry forward analysis.
-Performs other duties including, but not limited to, State reporting, Salary Increment Pool, cost analysis and special projects as assigned.
-Operates and maintains spreadsheets and computerized databases.
-Assists various budget units and key departmental users with financial planning as related to operational, staffing and strategic goals in addition to providing customer service and education in assisting departmental users with budget matters.
-Ensures that assigned units comply with all University policies and procedures regarding budget development, maintenance and expenditures.
-Assists AVP for Budget and Financial Analysis in strategic initiatives designed to promote effectiveness and efficiency.
-Participates on University committees and special study groups as assigned.
-Acts as liaison to other departments.
-Serves as a back-up for departmental staff as needed.
-Prepares analyses and reports for university administrators and Board of Trustees
-Provides support to or serve on an Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) or LEAN committees
-Evaluates and/or advises on short and long range planning
-Leads Responsibility Center Management (RCM) projects and/or provides support and/or training to RCM users.
-Other duties as assigned.
For consideration as Budget Analyst the candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, accounting or related analytical field and from 0 to 2 years' experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For consideration as as Senior Budget Analyst the candidate must have Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, accounting or related analytical field and from 2 to 4 years' experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Both levels of position require:
- Proficiency in computing: spreadsheets, database, word processing, presentation graphics and other business applications.
- Capacity for working with large, diverse sets of numerical data.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and respond with precision and accuracy to deadlines of short durations.
- A working knowledge of accounting practices and principles with an understanding of fund accounting practices.
- Effective communication and organizational skills, with ability to use them in a fast paced, highly productive environment.
- A commitment to quality, innovation and process improvement with an emphasis on collaborative teamwork and high standards of customer service.
Preference will be given to persons with experience in college and university budgeting or fund accounting, use of an online general ledger, and advanced skills in spreadsheets, databases, business intelligence software or other SQL query language.
Budget Analyst $41,600; Senior Budget Analyst $53,000
- Budget Analyst $51,000; Senior Budget Analyst $ 64,000
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment will require a criminal background check according to University guidelines.