Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/16/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Parker University in Dallas Texas is seeking an Alumni Relations Officer to be responsible for assisting in the creation, development and implementation of relevant services, programs, events and communication for alumni that increase the visibility and foster lifetime engagement, loyalty, pride and philanthropic support for the University and one another.
TITLE: Alumni Relations Officer
JOB OBJECTIVES: The Alumni Relations Officer is responsible for assisting in the creation, development and implementation of relevant services, programs, events and communication for alumni that increase the visibility and foster lifetime engagement, loyalty, pride and philanthropic support for the University and one another.
· BA/BS required
· 1-3 years of experience in alumni relations, volunteer management, event management and/or project management
· Proficiency with PC computers and standard applications; Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, essential.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stand or sit for up to eight (8) hours per day and lift twelve (12) pounds.
· Superior written, interpersonal and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines with limited supervision.
· Superior attention to detail and customer service. Proactive, ambitious approach to work.
· Must be able to think strategically and creatively about how to engage alumni and volunteers in the strategic plan of the University.
· Ability to initiate and build relationships with alumni and donors.
· Experience in writing for social media and electronic communications.
· Some nights, weekends and travel will be required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Events and Engagement – 40%
· Manage the After Hours Clinic Visit program, including planning, marketing, and recruitment of hosts.
· Host university booths at national conventions as directed.
· Manage all logistics of alumni relations events, including but not limited to venue selection, collaboration with alumni hosts, food/beverage selection, marketing, etc.
· Manage the data elements of events, including but not limited to collection of RSVPs, tracking of attendance, sending post-event communications and providing written reports of progress toward goals.
Communication Strategy – 40%
· Develop all content for the monthly alumni e-newsletter.
· Contribute content for the alumni relations portion of the university website.
· Contribute content for university social media.
· Develop alumni profile articles to be used in multiple media, including interviewing the alumni and writing the articles
· Actively solicit and seek out class notes items to be included in multiple media
· Correspond regularly via email, letter, phone and social media with alumni, students, faculty, staff and administration of the University in the planning and execution of various programs. Respond in a timely manner to all inquiries about alumni activities and opportunities.
· Track and provide regular reporting on progress toward achievement of communication goals.
Volunteer Management – 20%
· Provide staff support and guidance for the committees of the Alumni Association, including but not limited to setting up and participating in conference calls, establishing and tracking goals and managing tasks.
Application Process: Please submit resumes and cover letters via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parker University is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.