Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/19/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Department: University Relations
In conjunction with various campus offices, the assistant director of Parent Relations will coordinate parent programming and manage events, which will inform, steward, and maintain relationships with current parents of USD students. Programming may include Parent Orientation, Family Weekend, Grandparents’ Weekend, Commencement events, regional events, and Summer Send Off receptions. The assistant director will serve as coordinator of parent and student volunteers and communications liaison with parents and the campus community. The assistant director will solicit, coordinate, and manage student and parent volunteers/ambassadors to assist at programming events, providing training and supplies as necessary.
As communications coordinator for the Office of Parent Relations responsibilities will include writing and editing text for and laying out the parent email newsletter, maintaining and updating the parent website, exploring trends, establishing and expanding social media outreach, and publishing new parent resources (i.e., wall calendar). Represent the Office of Parent Relations and the Parents Association on campus-wide committees, particularly in collaboration with the division of Student Affairs. Collaborate with the director to staff an active 35+ member national Parents Association Board of Directors. Participate in and provide support for three Board meetings during each academic year and other meetings and activities of the Board as needed. This position functions under the general guidance and direction of the director of Parent Relations. In conjunction with the director this position will supervise Parent Relations’ executive assistant and provide direction to the executive assistant as it pertains to student workers assigned to the department.
Examples of Work:
• Communication Coordination
• Volunteer Coordination
• Office Management
Qualifications: Minimum and Preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required; prefer a degree in student affairs, education administration, or counseling.
• University of San Diego graduate preferred.
• Prefer knowledge of university departments, functions, personnel, and their locations.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in event planning, higher education fundraising, alumni/parent relations, volunteer leadership including demonstrated management and administrative skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required as well as exceptional critical listening and thinking skills. Command of the English language, including AP writing style, and standard grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax, and proofreading skill.
• Must be able to work independently, taking initiative and be able to ascertain priorities in a dynamic environment of regular interruptions, multiple projects, and deadlines.
• Must exhibit attention to detail with excellent organizational and time management skills; remain professional under pressure.
• Experience with budgetary management.
• A working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, InDesign, PhotoShop, and html is essential.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with faculty, advancement professionals, academic administrators, students, and parents.
• Extensive public speaking experience to diverse populations; ability to communicate positively and effectively.
• Must be friendly and personable.
• Willingness and ability to travel.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: $3,333.33 - $3,666.66 monthly; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Business & Administration: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours per week: 40
Closing date: September 19, 2014
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
Click <a href="http://apptrkr.com/515517">Apply Now</a> to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.