Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/8/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Financial Aid staff member that is responsible for ensuring the administrative and communication needs of the office are met. This position reports to the Director of Financial Aid and provides administrative support to the Financial Aid leadership team (Director, Associate Director, Assistant Director). The position serves in a high-volume, high-intensity enviornment. Processes are complex, detailed and must be performed with accuracy, timeliness and precision. This staff member must be able to exercise tact and diplomacy to handle difficult situations involving students and parents. It is imperative that this staff member is fully Bi-lingual in English and Spanish and has excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation) in both as The University of La Verne is an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution). It is vital that the incumbent operates with the upmost confidentiality as he/she will be exposed to extremely sensitive information about students and FA employees. Must have a customer-oriented, positive and pleasant demeanor as often times will serve as a liasion/representative for the Office of Financial Aid. The position will also have often interaction with other Senior Management/PEC members in the role of supporting the Director of Financial Aid.
Provide administrative support of Financial Aid leadership team (Director, Associate Director and Assistant Director of Financial Aid) including but not limited to:
- Management of appointment calendars;
- Answering phones and emails;
- Ensuring tact and diplomacy is excercised when confronted with escalated situations that may be presented;
- Scheduling and coordinating meeting requests
- Managing FAO calendar (sick, latenesses, vacation days);
- Monthly reporting of vacation/sick time to Enrollment Management;
- Notification to staff of approved/denied vaction/AS request;
- Process all travel/hotel arrangements for office personnel;
- Write letters/emails and communication for the La Verne community as well as students, parents, vendors and industry colleagues in both English and Spanish;
-Coordinate office events, retreats, meetings and celebrations;
- Monitors and orders office supplies (supplies, stationary, business cards, forms) ensuring all are always stocked;
- Responsible for processing expense/purchasing related requests and transactions (ie. all check requests, purchase order requisitions, etc.);
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining all FAA related memberships and publications current by processing renewal in a timely manner;
- Monitor and order Department of Education financial aid publications used for handouts for staff, students/families;
- Daily management and distribution of the Finaid@laverne.edu email account in partnership with Assistant Director to ensure all emails are being answered in a timely manner;
- Assist Director in the monitoring of certain budgetary lines and sensitive personnel issues;
- Participate in Admissions, enrollment, advising and orientation events with the ability to be a presenter in both English and Spanish.
-Full counseling responsibilities on an “as needed basis” including but not limited to:
-receiving, scanning and indexing of incoming documents via fax, email, mail or dropped off in the financial aid office.
-advising students via phone, email or in person.
-packaging and or repackaging of student financial aid.
-responsible for verifying students.
-responsible for answering calls received on the ACD general financial aid line.
-participate in admissions, advising and orientation events.
-Intervenes and act as student advocate to ensure that students are informed about financial aid eligibility and receive financial aid funds within a timely manner; serve as resource for students and parents with special requests, appeals and complaints.
-Support University enrollment and retention goals; provide processing support to other departments within the Office of Financial Aid.
-Maintain current knowledge of regulations, laws and trends in student financial aid and federal and state legislation as they apply to the University; participate on on-going training activities and other special assignments.
Special Projects as assigned.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Bi-lingual in English and Spanish. Must have a pleasant demeanor with the abililty to handle a fast-paced enviornment and escalated situations with tact and diplomacy.
Bachelor’s degree. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Higher Ed experience desirable preferably in Financial Aid.
The hiring range for this position is dependent upon qualifications and departmental equity. Benefits of employment include a comprehensive health and welfare plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse and dependent children and a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.