Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/11/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Adjunct Professors are primarily responsible for teaching in discipline or discipline areas in which he/she has specific training and/or competence. Plans, organizes, teaches, and provides feedback to promote and direct student learning in keeping with Valencia's learning-centered values and in a manner that meets the essential competencies of a Valencia educator. Responds to students in a timely manner and communicates with the discipline and division via college-provided tools and resources.
1. Appropriate level of education [required] See Credentials Procedures Manual at: http://valenciacollege.edu/faculty/forms/credentials/
2. Teaching experience at the community college level (in some cases, related work experiences in the field, professional licensure and certifications, honors and awards, continuous documented excellence in teaching, or other demonstrated competencies and achievements that contribute to effective teaching and student learning outcomes may be used to support an application in lieu of degree and course work requirements).
3. Professional commitment to education.
4. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
5. Ability to perform all of the Essential Functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
6. Ability to work evening and/or weekend hours and travel between campus locations as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge and understanding of learning-centered values.
2. Knowledge of, ability to develop, and commitment to use emerging technologies and alternative delivery methods appropriately, including online delivery, hybrid course options, content software, web-enhancements, etc.
3. Skill in the use of personal computers and general office software.
4. Ability to design learning opportunities that promote student life skills development while enhancing discipline learning. Demonstrated understanding of developmental advising (Valencia's LifeMap) and competency-based learning (LifeMap).
5. Ability to develop and implement diverse teaching and learning strategies that accommodate the learning styles of students and that promote both acquisition and applications of knowledge and understanding (Learning Centered Teaching Strategies).
6. Ability to use consistent, timely formative and summative assessment measures to enhance learning (Assessment).
7. Ability to design learning opportunities that acknowledge, draw upon and are enriched by student diversity in the learning environment (Inclusion and Diversity).
8. Ability to design and implement curriculum that aligns elements of student learning toward growth in the Student Core Competencies and progression through course sequences (Outcomes-Based Practice).
9. Commitment to stay current and continually improve knowledge and understanding of the discipline (Professional Commitment).
10. Ability to continuously examine the effectiveness of teaching, counseling, librarianship and assessment methodologies in terms of student learning by engaging in the scholarship of teaching and learning (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning).
11. Ability to effectively communicate interpersonally (in group and one-on-one settings), orally, and in writing.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Prepares and delivers instruction to students in assigned modalities (including classroom, hybrid, online, etc.). Prepares instructional materials. Provides feedback on students' progress, including evaluation of student mastery of course and program outcomes.
2. Provides feedback to students in matters related to academic success in a timely manner.
3. Prepares and submits required documentation including course syllabi, student attendance, final course grades, and other information as requested or required by the college. Maintains and disseminates current information pertaining to services available to students throughout the college.
4. Is familiar with and maintains behavior and actions consistent with college policies.
5. Maintains professional development/growth according to personal needs and requirements for certification.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
**Must be available to teach course between the hours of 7am - 4pm**
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.