Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/4/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Saint Louis University, a Catholic, Jesuit institution dedicated to student learning, research, health care, and service is seeking applicants for the position of Reference Librarian, Pius XII Memorial Library at the rank of Assistant Professor, non-tenure track, 12-month appointment.
Duties: Provide general reference services (including some evening and weekend hours), serve as liaison for the natural and physical sciences, engineering and aviation, and mathematics, teach use and searching of traditional and electronic library resources, prepare instructional materials, offer individualized research consultations, and provide subject-area collection development.
- Master's degree in librarianship from a library program accredited by the American Library Association (or the appropriate national body of another country).
- Undergraduate and/or advanced degree(s) in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics from an accredited institution or at least three years' experience as a STEM librarian.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills, positive public service orientation, effective oral/written communication skills, initiative, flexibility, commitment to professional growth, and research and analytic skills in a dynamic environment.
- Two or more years of professional library experience.
- Knowledge of information sources related to STEM research.
- Experience with library instruction using appropriate technologies.
- Collection development experience in an academic or research library.
- Knowledge of the unique information needs of scientists.
- Awareness of emerging trends in science librarianship.
Interested candidates should apply online at https://jobs.slu.edu. Please include a cover letter and CV. We offer a competitive salary, attractive benefits including retirement program, insurance, tuition remission, vacation, and holidays.
Saint Louis University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE) and encourages nominations of and application from women and minorities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.