Detailed Job Description
Provide accurate and timely general ledger account reconciliations and prepare reconciliation journal entries. Reconcile accounts receivable and prepare journal entries for prepaid expenses. Prepare various year-end financial reports and workpapers of the University, including designated fund reporting, workshops, and schedules for general ledger accounts. Establish, monitor and maintain multi-year workshop and designated funds. Prepare, review and process journal vouchers and uploads for payroll and benefits. Responsible for all accounting aspects of the Dolibois European Center including monthly entries, reconciliations, and collaboration with the Assistant Dean and others involved with the administration of the Dolibois program. Participate in Lean projects on a continual basis.
- Perform year-end financial reporting for multi-year workshop and designated funds.
- Analyze accounts and make any required corrections.
- Prepare audit schedules and respond to auditor's inquiries.
- Prepare monthly report schedules and reconciliations for selected balance sheet accounts. This would include reconciling accounts receivable for the following areas: Wilks Conference Center, Marcum Conference Center, Student Health Services, Bursar, Computer Loans, and any others that may be assigned. Also included would be a review of prepaid expenses made by the University throughout the year. Prepare audit schedules and respond to inquiries on these accounts.
- Establish funds, enter budgets, monitor activity, and pursue resolution of deficit balances for the types of funds listed below.
- Provide customer service by answering questions, providing training or additional information, and researching areas of concern or transactions in question for these funds:
Designated Funds, Restricted Funds, Multi-Year Workshop Funds
- Prepare, review and process journal vouchers and uploads for all payroll and benefit general ledger transactions.
- Prepare year-end accrual entry for benefit expenses.
- Responsible for all accounting related to the Dolibois European Center. Responsibilities include
preparing monthly journal entries, reconciling cash, answering questions related to the Center, setting
up additional indexes and accounts as needed, working with the Assistant Dean on any issues raised, reconciling deposit liabilities, and providing any information requested by the auditors.
- Participate in Lean projects and take part in the Lean certification process.
- Perform other duties as assigned by General Accounting Supervisor.
The position requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting OR a Bachelor's degree in another field with a minimum of five (5) years' experience in accounting. Requires a strong proficiency with PC-based software including a high level of ability with Excel and experience with other analytical tools. Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
Experience with fund accounting in a university or similar environment experience with Banner Finance or other ERP software is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment will require a criminal background check according to University guidelines.