Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/10/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Continuing Education coordinator will have an entrepreneurial approach to higher education for adults and is responsible for the execution and monitoring of credit and non-credit programs that target non-traditional students. Responsibilities include the recruitment of new CE students through program marketing and outreach activities; coordination of the Professional Certificate Programs and the Bachelor Degree Completion Program, including prior learning assessment; guiding the non-traditional student admission, advising and enrollment processes; providing students with on-going support services; assist in the scheduling of CE courses and selection of faculty; working with College staff and faculty to increase awareness and understanding of the needs and learning styles of adult students; and, work collaboratively to develop and evaluate continuing education programs.
Requirements: The person selected will have the following qualifications:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Applicants should possess three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the area of academic admissions and/or advising of adult learners
- Experience at an institution of higher education with an adult student population is essential
- Success at coordinating, implementing and evaluating academic programs in a variety of delivery modes
- Superior analytical, written and oral communications skills
- Commitment to collegiality
General Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree
- Evidence of entrepreneurial and strategic thinking is preferred
- A good understanding of technology in higher education is preferred
- Ability to communicate a service-oriented attitude
- Ability to relate to academic and business communities
A comprehensive benefits package includes hospitalization, medical, prescription drugs, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation and a 401K plan.
For consideration, candidates are required to submit a cover letter, resume or C.V. and the contact information of three professional references to:
Britta H. Hahn
Human Resources Coordinator
LIM College – Where Business Meets Fashion
12 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022-5268
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.