Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/23/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Programmer/Analyst will meet with the customers to analyze and define business systems requirements; attend, and participate in, group meetings with customers and technical staff; assist customers in understanding system functionality; design, develop, test, debug, implement and support computer programs created to solve complex requests, and issues, using software development tools; apply vendor, and customer requested, maintenance; and prepare technical and customer documentation.
General Supervision: Manager, Institutional Technologies
Daily Supervision: Applications Development Team Leader
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the Administrative Information System. This includes applying maintenance; assisting end-users in understanding system functionality; participating in group meetings with users and technical staff; developing, testing and debugging programs; and preparing documentation.
- Developing complex computer programs using software development tools.
- Apply best practices and provide insight to the college’s business processes.
- Assist in defining and development of project scope for various projects.
- Working with the appropriate college staff to define manual processes to effectively support business needs.
- Combining manual and automated procedures in complex systems. This includes report development using third party software.
- Training of end-users and technical staff. This includes technical and application training.
- Advising the Team Leader of business problems; formulating logical statements of these problems; devising and recommending alternative procedures to solve the problems.
- Reviewing the operating efficiency of application systems to determine areas for improvement and formulate a plan to make the improvements.
- Maintaining state-of-the-art proficiency through college supplied training or education, industry seminars and independent effort.
Other duties assigned by the Manager or Application Development Team Leader.
Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in Management Information Systems is preferred.
Minimum of seven years total experience in systems analysis and design of computer systems including two years of project management experience, five years analytical experience, and three years large system/business experience.
Seven years of programming skills in high-level computer languages such as Pick Basic, Universe, Envision Basic, COBOL, C#, jBASE, Visual Basic, etc.
Programming skills in UniBasic, Envision Toolkit, and Colleague Studio a plus.
Technical skills in relational database (UNIDATA, ORACLE).
Technical skills in UNIX and Client Server environments a plus.
One year of technical skills with web programming and design a plus.
Two years experience using third party software for report writing.
Task oriented and able to work on three or more projects simultaneously.
Strong analytical, documentation, interpersonal and leadership skills including excellent oral and written communications skills.
Current experience in installing, implementing, maintaining and supporting vendor developed administrative systems in an academic environment.
Good team player who can also work independently.
Strong customer service skills with the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with students, faculty, staff, vendors, and the public.
Ability to train end-users effectively.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/t9whtnv
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.