Detailed Job Description
This position provides staff support to the associate director of purchasing and materials management. Helps to assure continuity and quality of service provided by operational areas: copy center, mail services, shipping/receiving, optimized print program and fleet management. Is able to work in a technology based environment to enhance operational reporting, processing and advancements. Assists purchasing and materials management staff in communication to customers about how to use our services, how to troubleshoot a challenge, how to adapt a project to save time or money for the customer. Is knowledgeable about staff and mission for university departments, and able to provide service to support them.
- Accept staff roles to assist associate director, purchasing, including prime vendor contract administration tasks, Equitrac and other report generation of invoice processing and chargebacks
- Assists in administration of the fleet management program including but not limited to: fleet card program, driver training, vehicle purchasing and repairs, monthly invoicing, other duties as required
- Assist in administration of mail and package distribution program, administration of scheduled quality assurance and customer satisfaction
- Administer all facets of asset tracking including download/upload of reports, tagging assets, annual/ad hoc inventory reports and inventory balances
- Download data from external and internal systems from/to external and internal systems to assist in operational reporting and processing needs
- Assist in implementation of new systems to manage operations of materials management departments
- Responsible for all chargeback transactions and appropriate reporting and necessary documentation of same
- Addresses customer inquiries for all areas, complaints to determine corrective measures, and communicates serious concerns to senior management
- Assist Associate Director with the public copier and student printing (GOPRINT) print solution program
- Conducts all phases of surplus property program including serving as State liaison.
- Provides management continuity for purchasing and materials management, representing area when associate director is off campus
- Demonstrates sensitivity to students, faculty and staff of varying racial, ethnic, religious, gender, cultural, disability, sexual orientation and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Demonstrates sensitivity to students with a diversity of learning styles
- Serves as role model and mentor for students as appropriate
Serves on various university-wide committees as assigned by the president
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Two or more years of management or supervisory experience in operations management of a university or similar organization
- Experience using advanced analytical skills and data management tools to gather information, analyze, generate reports and make recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to deploy hardware and software: cellular devices, network troubleshooting, content capture and archiving, social media, multifunction printers
- Ability to lift objects/equipment up to 20 lbs., and to utilize proper material handling equipment and techniques to manage objects much larger in size, weight, etc.
- Valid driver’s license (Massachusetts Class D)
- Experience with document imaging systems, purchasing card systems, and multifunctional copier functionality
- Materials management experience in a similar size institution
- Ability to train staff on various software packages
- Prior managerial experience
- Project management skills
- Experience with and knowledge of operating and managing a copy center, mail services, and shipping and receiving
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background check satisfactory to the University. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.
Please Note: If there is no application deadline associated with a position, it may come down at any time. Once a posting is removed, additional applications will not be accepted.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/qgptxn4