Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/8/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
A. Academic Leadership
• Supports the Associate Dean in the successful deployment of the division’s strategic plan and yearly goals, prepares and administers the budget, and provides input to the associate Dean for outcomes assessment and program objectives, also assists with grant writing and fundraising initiatives.
• Responsible for the hiring, supervision and performance evaluation of adjunct faculty, full time and part time support staff.
• Supports student success in their daily contact to resolve issues (overrides, permission to register, general advice, complaints, etc), provide program information, encourage options, and advocate opportunities for enrollment & enrollment options.
B. Course and Curriculum Management
• Coordination and facilitation with faculty the development of new and revised curriculum, provides input for outcomes assessment and program objectives, and oversees course schedules and instructional assignments in conjunction with faculty coordinators.
• Collaborates with other academic areas to develop interdisciplinary programs that meet evolving industry needs and reflect cutting edge industry standards for student-based projects.
• Plans, develops and coordinates activities to market the programs and manages the recruitment campaigns that serve both unique campus locations as well as college-wide campaigns for Visual Communication & Design/Media Arts & Studies.
• Coordinates the development of promotional literature, program brochures and mailing lists with the college’s marketing department, coordinates faculty and staff presentations to entry level classes, public and private schools, companies, community, business groups and individuals. Leverages available marketing opportunities to establish and promote student recruitment, retention and growth initiatives. Provides outreach, support and assistance for the Tech Prep network of high schools, and Career Centers. Encourages student submission to local, regional, and national competitions as a vehicle to promote the institution and the students.
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and manage academic programs that are media technology-intense ;( audio/video equipment, photography equipment, TV and multi-purpose studios, computer labs, media based hardware/software).
• Oversees and validates the inventory through periodic review of staff-generated equipment reports and physical inventory checks.
• Oversees preventative maintenance and maintenance schedules for audio/video equipment, computer labs, and facilities, and coordinates the technology replacement schedule, and manages software/hardware lease streams /licenses.
• With faculty participation recommends and justifies purchases of new software and capital equipment to enhance, improve and grow program courses.
• Mediate through established colleges procedures and protocols, complaints by the faculty, staff and students concerning equipment/facilities access and use issues.
E. External Relationships
• Cultivates and maintains positive working relationships and collaborations with professional associations & guilds, community and business leaders.
• Establishes and maintains advisory committees that will ensure our programs meet and/or exceed industry needs and reflect cutting edge industry standards, trends, and technology.
• Develops employment, internship and co-op opportunities for program students and establishes partnerships with local and regional four-year institutions to facilitate student transfer agreements.
• Directly and indirectly support the College Strategies and Measurable Goals
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Masters Degree in Visual Design, Motion Media and/or related field and/or equivalent experience
• Five years of experience in project/program management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Must be a creative thinker and problem solver
• Ability to work collaboratively with administrators, staff, and faculty throughout the college and external partners
• Demonstrated management of media equipment and facilities at an institute of higher learning or industry.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and related computer hardware/software.
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Must be able to articulate interdisciplinary needs of students and industry and the impact they have on creating and enhancing educational training programs
• Must be able to think across curricular units and work with students to design interdisciplinary/individualized degree programs
• Demonstrated commitment to student success and to enhancing teaching and learning
• Ability to lead faculty teams in projects and the development of new programs and projects
• Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
• Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience as a department chairperson or manager of personnel and resources in an area related to creative arts within a college or industry setting.
• Knowledge of curriculum development and outcomes assessment
• Familiarity with the mission and focus of a community college.
• Teaching experience at a community college
• Experience working in the community and with community outreach
• Demonstrated experience in program review and design
• Demonstrated experience or working knowledge of academic quality
Normal Hours Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flexibility required based on departmental needs.
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.