Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/15/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Saint Mary's College of California
Assistant Dean -School of Liberal Arts
Closing Date/Time: Mon. 09/15/14 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Main Campus, 1928 Saint Mary's Road, Moraga, CA 94556, California
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
The Assistant Dean of Liberal Arts reports to the Dean of SOLA and is responsible for managing the budget of SOLA's graduate and professional programs, developing school-wide financial processes, maintaining financial records, approving payments, in collaboration with the Business Office, the Director of Academic Affairs Business Operations, Human Resources, and College Counsel. The position coordinates marketing and promotion activities in SOLA. The position monitors and facilitates faculty and staff searches, TUG academic scheduling and TUG enrollment management in SOLA. The position optimizes SOLA administrative staff workloads, oversees staff development, and supports supervision of SOLA staff by department chairs. The position assists the Associate Dean in managing SOLA facilities/equipment projects. The position supports compliance with College policies and procedures within SOLA, collects data and produces performance indicators for the Dean. The position directs and/or assists with special projects as assigned by the Dean.
1. Budget Oversight. In collaboration with the Dean, manage the annual graduate/professional SOLA budget , including creation and ownership of budget documents and spreadsheets, driving the annual budgeting calendar and process for the School, including other key players as contributors to the process. Review and consolidate individual graduate/professional programs’ 5-year budgets, enrollment goals, tuition analysis, and revenue projections. Recommend to the Dean budgetary adjustments to meet graduate/professional revenue and net income goals; monitor progress with regular reports to the Dean and quarterly reports to the Provost's office.
Develop and implement school-wide financial policies and processes in collaboration with the Dean. Maintain school financial records and authorize payments in consultation with the Dean, such as stipend, carryover, and SIF requests; P-card expenditures, purchase orders, fund transfers, and expense reports. Participate in strategic and operational planning and evaluation activities within the School to provide input regarding resource implications. Represent the School in working on the above with the Business Office, Human Resources, Academic Affairs, and College Counsel.
2. Marketing and Promotion (liaise with OCC and Alumni Office). Consult with graduate/professional program chairs on strategies and activities; represent SOLA on the Institutional Marketing Committee; support development of public relations materials for SOLA programs and maintain SOLA website in collaboration with the Dean; provide expertise and support to the school's undergraduate programs in developing outreach, publicity, and alumni relations activities.
Faculty/staff support. Searches (liaise with Academic Affairs, HR, and search committee chairs): Monitor compliance with College search procedures and maintain search outcome data with regular reports to the Dean; communicate directly with new hires regarding College hiring processes, including required procedures to insure timely coordination with HR, Payroll, and ITS. Onboard new staff in conjunction with department chairs and administrative assistants. Oversee contractual and other (such as international) issues related to faculty and staff hiring for the School. Staff development: Optimize staff workloads and oversee staff development; provide guidance and support for supervision of SOLA staff by chairs (receive and approve SOLA staff performance reviews; provide guidance and support for the development of new or updated SOLA staff PSD's); facilitate the approval of new or upgraded positions with HR and the Business Office.
4. Academic scheduling. Communicate with SOLA Chairs and Vice Provost for Undergraduate Academics to facilitate preparation of undergraduate teaching schedules; review draft undergraduate course schedules and faculty workload forms; proofread/correct draft CSARs; provide class enrollment reports to the Dean; in collaboration with the Dean, develop and maintain school-wide faculty workload assignments, faculty workload spreadsheets, and master course schedules, including reports to the Academic Affairs Director of Business Operations and HR with respect to faculty workload assignments.
5. Assist the Associate Dean in managing SOLA facilities/equipment projects (liaise with IT, Facilities Services). Office assignments, preparing major facilities requests, refurbishing offices and labs,and classroom issues (liaise with Director of Scheduling & Promotions)
6. In collaboration with the Dean, serve as a resource for SOLA chairs and directors to facilitate compliance with College policies and procedures within SOLA, such as ADA, Honor Code, final exam policy, alcohol policy, travel/community engagement risk protocols, use of human subjects, and public speaker policy.
Other Duties As Assigned: Collect data and produce key performance indicators for the Dean related to SOLA’s strategic objectives. Direct and/or assist with special projects and complete other tasks, as assigned by the Dean.
Experience and Qualifications:
Required: BA Preferred: MA
Experience: Five or more years of successful budgetary, marketing or related administrative experience in a higher education setting.
Experience: Budgetary expertise; marketing and strategic planning skills; data analysis, collaborative communication and decision making skills.
Other Requirements: Commitment to the aims and ideals of the College.
Please apply on-line at http://apptrkr.com/507138
1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
2) A resume
3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary’s College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary’s College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.