Detailed Job Description
Position is responsible for coordinating all phases of institutional projects, both new work and renovation of existing facilities, grounds and related infrastructure. Requires coordination with various University departments and committees, the Ohio Facilities Construction Commission, other State agencies, Associate Architects, Landscape Architects, Consulting Engineers and construction firms.
1. Overall project management responsibilities for assigned projects of various sizes and types from initiation through project closeout with a focus on managing multiple smaller interior and exterior projects. Duties include initial planning, scope of work determination, cost estimating, competitive bidding, contractor negotiations, cost control, work inspections, scheduling, work coordination, move planning and management, project close out, and post occupancy follow up. Coordination with department representatives and review of documents for compliance with University Standards are also required and as is compliance with the PFD's Project Manager's Manual.
2. Project Planning ? Meet with departments to determine needs and project feasibility.
3. Scope of Work Determination ? Develop an accurate scope of work, to include carpentry, electrical, HVAC, pluming, fire alarm, BAU, interior design and systems furniture, landscape and hardscape restoration and related for a complete scope determination.
4. Cost Estimating ? Prepare a reasonably accurate job cost estimate.
5. Project Oversight ? Oversight for job costs, including change orders; prepares project status reports, reviews requests for payment by consulting A/E's and contractors, control payment by valuation of completed work.
6. Work Coordination ? Responsible for coordination between various trades, suppliers, and end users to ensure timely and proper completion of project.
7. Project Close Out ? Inspection of contractor work to ensure compliance with all project requirements, follow up to be sure contractor completes all final inspection work tasks, and to ensure submission of accurate record drawings and operations and maintenance manuals; conduct post occupancy interviews.
8. Consultant Interaction ? Interviews and assists with selection of design professionals, to include architects, landscape architects and engineers; oversees design work thru all stages.
9. Participates in various divisional and departmental meetings and assists with the development and implementation of the Physical Facilities Strategic Plan.
Requires minimum of five years experience as a full time construction project manager or bachelor's degrees in construction, architecture, landscape architecture, or engineering, plus a minimum of two years full time relevant experience, or a minimum of ten years construction experience, with at least five years full time experience as a project manager.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment will require a criminal background check according to University guidelines.