Detailed Job Description
Perform Construction Administration duties on various major projects at the Oxford Campus.
1. Perform Construction Administration duties on various major projects at the Oxford Campus.
2. Project Scheduling - Develop and monitor project schedule; ensure schedule is accurate and updated to reflect changing project conditions. Identify to the University Project Manager when construction progress falls behind the schedule. Verify adherence to schedule when reviewing contractor's progress payments.
3. Work Coordination - Responsible for coordination between various trades, suppliers and end users to ensure timely completion of project; attend weekly progress meetings with contractors; provide construction administration; work with job superintendents to ensure timely and proper completion of project; ensure that all safety requirements are met for each project. Resolves conflicts by coordinating with the designer and the University Project Manager; oversees LEED aspects of the project, including documentation.
4. Project Close-Out - Inspection of contractors work to ensure compliance with all project requirements; follow-up to ensure contractor completes all final inspection work tasks; ensure submission of accurate record drawings and operations and maintenance manual.
* Education & Experience: Minimum of five years experience as a full-time construction project manager; or a Bachelor's degree in construction management, architecture, or engineering, plus a minimum of two years full-time, relevant experience.
* Construction Knowledge: Understanding of common commercial and institutional construction techniques, practices, means, methods, tools and equipment; must be knowledgeable about building codes related to various construction disciplines; understanding the skilled trades work, to include carpentry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and painting. Experience with multiple prime and design/build contracts.
* Technical Understanding: Ability to read, interpret, and understand drawings, specifications, design details, and technical submittals; must be knowledgeable in reading and interpreting construction schedules.
* Attention to Detail: Ability to maintain detailed and complete records of construction activities and costs; strong organizational skills.
* Communication Skills: Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a wide range of persons.
* Commissioning: Familiarity with commissioning procedures with regard to attaining LEED Certification.
* Customer Service Skills: Understanding of modern customer service theories, practices and methods.
* Managerial Complexity: Must be able to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and be able to determine appropriate priorities; must be able to make independent interpretations e objectives of Miami University.
* Computer Skills: Must be proficient in the use of business application software, to include word processing, spreadsheet and database programs; experience in the use of Microsoft Project software is preferred.
* Experience working with State of Ohio construction administration processes and procedures.
* Driver's License: Must have a valid driver's license.
LEED AP Certification is desired
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment will require a criminal background check according to University guidelines.