Detailed Job Description
The primary responsibility of the Associate/Assistant Dean is to work collaboratively with other members of the dean's staff to develop strategy and implement divisional policies; be responsible for most facets of the FSB undergraduate program.
1. Works with the Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management and Advising on FSB admissions, enrollment management, and advising efforts
2. Executes the design, collection and maintenance of the FSB Assurance of Learning program for AACSB and University accreditation
3. Works with Program Review and University Accreditation Steering Committee on FSB compliance with Higher Learning Commission
4. Works the Senior Director for PMBA in administration of this program
5. Works with the Director of the Howe Writing Initiative on advancing the mission of the Howe Writing Center
6. Oversees BUS and special student programming, including:
a. BUS 101 and all BUS curriculum
b. General Business Minor
c. Summer Business Institute
d. FSB Scholars program
e. FSB Summer HS Scholars program
f. FSB e-learning initiative and liaisons to the University Assistant Provost for E-learning
7. Works with Director of Student Organizations and Diversity in admissions efforts of diverse populations and the management of FSB student organizations
8. Works with the Director of the Business Honors program and helps coordinate with the university honors program
9. Works with dean, department chairs, faculty and the Undergraduate Studies Committee on curriculum and program development
10. Adjudicates FSB academic misconduct process
11. Oversees grade changes
12. Coordinates the professional practice 0-credit and 1-credit internship workshop program
13. Works with the Director of the Buck Rodgers Business Leadership Program
14. Along with the Senior Associate Dean, serves as Dean's liaison to the FSB and committees as appropriate to area of responsibility, and specifically directs the efforts of the Undergraduate Program Development Committee
15. Serves as the FSB representative to various university committees, work groups, etc. as needed
16. Represent the division as needed at FSB, university, and external relations events
17. Performs other duties as assigned
18. Oversees the FSB senior and alumni surveys
Senior Director PMBA, Director of Student Organizations and Diversity, Coordinator of BUS 101, Director of Business Honors Program, Support Coordinator of SBI, Director of the Howe Writing Initiative.
Tenured associate or full professor in the Farmer School for the rank of Associate Dean or full-time faculty member in the Farmer School for the rank of Assistant Dean Strong leadership skills and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Three or more years of university administrative or service experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants will be asked to submit vita, cover letter and list of three references when applying for this position.