Detailed Job Description
Miami University and the Farmer School of Business seek a proven leader to fill an immediate opening as Director of Professional Development and Career Education for the Farmer School of Business. The Director reports to the Assistant Dean for External Relations and will lead a team dedicated to the professional development and career education of the 4,000+ Farmer School students. The Director will be responsible for the vision, development and implementation of a comprehensive career development and employer relations program designed to prepare our students for internships and full time positions post-graduation.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Supervise Farmer School of Business career services, develop and execute related programs that help FSB students thoughtfully consider, prepare for, and seek out post-graduation career options;
2. Collaborate with the Farmer School Department Chairs to determine corporate recruitment strategies;
3. Engage in strategic long-range planning and program development to meet the needs of business students;
4. Serve as primary liaison for the FSB to the Miami University Office of Career Services;
5. Work with the Office of Career Services to coordinate programs for and communicate job/internship opportunities available to business students;
6. Assist with employer relations outreach programs to increase the number and quality of employers and job/internship opportunities available to business students;
7. Complete surveys and other assessment instruments related to student placement;
8. Work some evenings and/or weekends as needed with occasional overnight travel;
9. Participate in appropriate professional development activities;
10. Provide teaching instruction to BUS 206 Business Career Exploration course.
Bachelor's degree and at least five years of work experience in human resources or a university career services office. The ideal candidate must demonstrate prior success in the areas of career development and education, employer relations and faculty engagement in the area of career services. Further the ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, effective mentoring, coaching and career counseling skills with a desire to work in in a culture of collaboration and collegiality. Additional important qualities a successful candidate should have include strong program planning and implementation skills and knowledge of how to develop new initiatives and recruit employers.
A Master's degree or higher is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants will be asked to submit cover letter, resume, and list of three references when applying to this position.