Detailed Job Description
Miami University Game Operations is looking for one Game Operations Assistant for the 2014-15 year. This is a part-
time paid position specifically supporting the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by
assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Assist in the organization and implementation of athletic events and special events for the athletic department.
- Scheduling and supervision of event management interns and student workers.
- Primary sport responsibilities to be determined.
- Primary contact for all external rentals, special events and non-varsity use of athletic facilities.
- Primary contact for parking operations at all ticketed events.
- Serve as a secondary contact for home contests of 19 varsity athletic programs.
- Assist with oversight of event staff, ushers and contracted security personnel.
- Day-to-day administrative duties pertaining to event management and camps.
- Create/update event management manuals and materials.
- Assist with credentialing/parking passes.
- Assist with game production and coordination with External Operations staff.
- Assist with financial documentation including expense/travel reports, sport account expenditures, and general operational budgets.
- Policy and best practice research and implementation as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in sport administration/management or related field
- 9 months - 1 year of experience in event management.
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Availability to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and the ability to prioritize events and/or circumstances.
- Knowledge of NCAA, MAC, and NCHC rules/regulations, specifically related to event management and camps.
- A graduate degree in sports administration/management or related field.
- Prior experience with Kronos Timekeeping system, Bannerweb, SurveyMonkey and 25Live Scheduling software.
- Prior publication/design experience.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Prior experience with intercollegiate camps.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment will require a criminal background check according to University guidelines.