Detailed Job Description
To administer the cheerleading program in accordance with the policies of Miami University and the Hamilton Campus Athletic Department.
1. Demonstrate effective coaching skills and provide an environment that is conducive to the overall development of student athletes.
2. Know and comply with all campus policies.
3. Establish and maintain good working relationships with campus personnel (i.e. Admissions, Financial Aid, Advising, etc.) in order to gain support, make referrals and provide better overall service to student athletes.
4. Assist in promoting sports programs to the campus and community.
5. Conduct and submit pre- and post-season inventory of equipment and uniforms; distribute and collect all uniforms and equipment.
6. Complete eligibility forms, grade release forms, team roster, facility request forms, physical exams and risk agreements prior to the first game of the season.
* Experience coaching at the college and/or high school level
* Ability to run successful practice sessions as well as proper game management
* Bachelor's Degree
* An understanding of the college basketball game rules and policies with regard to cheerleading
* Network of contacts in primary recruiting areas
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment will require a criminal background check according to University guidelines.
Send cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references to: Chris Settle, Department of Athletics and Recreational Sports; Miami University; 1601 University Blvd.; Hamilton, OH 45011; firstname.lastname@example.org.