Coordinator of Distance Programs & Recruitment - Miami University in Middletown Ohio

Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/13/2014.

To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!

Miami University

Middletown, Ohio

United States

Similar Opportunities Exist in the Following Categories

Detailed Job Description

The Department of Engineering Technology (ENT) at Miami University articulates with two-year engineering technology or similarly titled programs from its ten college partners in Ohio for a bachelor's completion program in electromechanical engineering technology (EMET). About 20% of EMET majors are local students attending Miami University Hamilton or Middletown, and the other 80% are distance students attending at one of ten college partners of the department. These distance students take Miami University classes through interactive video (IVDL) and other web-based technologies from Miami University.


Coordinate the ENT department's distance learning program; visit all college partners on a regular basis; inventory, test, and stock laboratory equipment at distance college partners; provide advisement to distance learning students; develop and maintain articulation agreements for department's Bachelor's completion degrees; maintain close ties with distance coordinators at each college partner and assist in training them on advising issues; assist department faculty in teaching/supervising distance laboratory sessions as needed; represent Miami University at articulation fairs and other outreach events at college partners; assist with departmental and divisional recruiting efforts for both local and distance students; work with the Miami University's public relations and marketing unit to develop promotional and informational materials for use in promoting the degrees offered in the ENT department; work closely with admission offices, records, and other administrative offices; other duties as assigned.

Basic Qualifications

Bachelor's degree in engineering, engineering technology or a similar field; suitable technologically current work experience including: excellent computer skills, presentation skills, written and oral communications skills, and interpersonal skills; valid driver's license; ability to balance multiple tasks, priorities, and interface with a variety of individuals at various levels within the university and other colleges as well as in business and industry. Successful candidates will have the ability to work independently, be a self-starter, take initiative, be well organized, and consistently follow up on details.

Preferred Qualifications

Master's degree and/or professional licensure; experience in distance learning, experience in higher education.

Special Instructions to Applicants

Applicants will be asked to submit cover letter, resument and list of three professional references when applying for this position.

Keyword Phrases

  • Engineering Technology Middletown Campus
  • Coordinator of Distance Programs & Recruitment
  • #1 Nationally for best teaching
  • Opportunities for growth and advancement
  • Inclusive, equitable working environment
  • Distance Education Programs
  • Extension & Outreach
Employment Type:Administrative Staff
Degree Required: See Job Description
Experience: See Job Description
Level of Job: Analyst / Staff
Salary: See Job Description
Type of School:Research University
Application Requirements: CV/Resume
Cover Letter