Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/7/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the direction of the Dean and the Chair of the Department of Elementary Education, teach undergraduate and graduate teacher education courses in Curriculum and Instruction and other courses as deemed appropriate to the department's needs, supervise graduate students as they complete a master's thesis in Curriculum and Instruction in the Master of Education degree program; support the educational research and statistical needs of School of Education faculty and students and engage with partner school district teachers and administrators to supervise student teachers, interns, and fieldwork students. Produce scholarly work and provide service to the university and community, support collegiality, and uphold professional and ethical standards.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate teacher education courses in Curriculum and Instruction, and other courses that meet program needs and are consistent with preparation and degree specialty
- Supervise graduate students as they complete a master's thesis in Curriculum and Instruction in the Master of Education degree program
- Support the educational research and statistical needs of School of Education faculty and students
- Produce and publish scholarly work
- Plan, prepare, and follow an approved course of study with measurable objectives and student outcomes for each course taught
- Prepare all instructional materials (including, but not limited to, course syllabi, exams, readings, instructions, visual aids) in electronic and paper formats
- Maintain and submit accurate and current records concerning student accountability, attendance, and performance
- Effectively and accurately participate in the School of Education accreditation process
- Serve on graduate student committees
- Engage with partner school district teachers and administrators when supervising student teachers, field work students, and interns
- Maintain currency and improve professionally in the content and pedagogy of courses taught
- Provide service to the University and community
- Attend assigned meetings, maintain office hours, and uphold a student centered approach to education
- Develop positive relationships with colleagues and public school educators and administrators
- Support collegiality
- Uphold professional and ethical standards
- Perform all other assigned duties
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.