Detailed Job Description
Under direction of the Director of Student Health Services, the Nurse Practitioner - Family will: provide nursing and medical services to UVU students; promote health awareness and disease prevention; supervise medical assistant as required; serve as health care researcher, and patient advocate; and perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master's degree in nursing and two years of experience related to the summary of duties. Successful completion of an Adult Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner Program required. A Controlled Substance License for the State of Utah required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
-Ability to provide care in an emergency situation.
-Ability to diagnose and manage acute episodic and chronic illnesses.
-Knowledge of ordering, conducting and interpreting diagnostic and laboratory tests.
-Ability to prescribe pharmacological agents and non-pharmacological therapies.
-Ability to instruct individuals, families, and groups in health awareness and disease prevention.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at HREmployment@uvu.edu.