Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/7/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for the academic advisement of student-athletes and the monitoring of student-athlete academic progress. Additionally, this position assists the Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance and Director of Compliance with: educating student-athletes regarding NCAA eligibility requirements, implementing department academic improvement plans, determining student-athlete initial and continuing eligibility, coordinating student-athlete life skills and student-athlete advisory committee programs, and supervising tutors and study hall.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Manage the academic advisement of all assigned student-athletes in the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics; advise prospective, current and transfer student-athletes in all aspects of their academic programs; establish a relationship of trust and openness.
- Ensure the academic eligibility of all assigned student-athletes.
- Keep current with all NCAA, conference and UVU rules, regulations, and requirements pertaining to academic advisement and student-athlete eligibility and instruct student-athletes, athletic personnel, and campus advisors accordingly.
- Coordinate programs to ensure student-athlete success and academic progress towards the fulfillment of a degree through grade checks, study hall, tutors, academic scheduling, monitoring of class attendance, student-athlete orientation and class registration.
- Assist in the certification of initial, transfer, and continuing academic eligibility of student-athletes according to NCAA Division I standards, including compliance with the NCAA Academic Performance Program.
- Help create, implement and monitor department academic recovery plans, as necessary.
- Identify at-risk student-athletes and prospective student-athletes and create academic schedules and plans that provide them with the opportunity to succeed academically.
- Coordinate attendance of new student-athletes in new student orientations.
- Create and monitor a student-athlete mentoring program matching incoming at-risk Student-Athletes with academically successful upperclassmen to provide leadership and guidance and increase retention.
- Coordinate the submission of student-athletes for UVU, conference, NCAA, and national awards and scholarship opportunities.
- Represent the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics at conferences, community and school events, and other functions pertaining to academics.
- Support and maintain all UVU and NCAA standards of ethical conduct for athletics personnel.
- Uphold and abide by all NCAA and conference regulations and UVU institutional policies and procedures.
- Supervise tutors and monitor their interactions with student-athletes.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.