Detailed Job Description
Under the direction of the Instructional Technologist - Aviation, apply instructional directives and aesthetics to design, model, render, and manipulate 3D images for use in online aviation courses and promotional materials. Assists in the organization and placement of web content and multimedia in alignment with effective elements and principles of design.
-Design and create 3D graphics, images or other visual elements to meet specific instructional needs.
-Ensure 3D graphics effectively accomplish their intended instructional objective.
-Utilize effective design principles to organize individual elements into a cohesive, meaningful whole.
-Ensure graphics comply with design and aesthetic standards.
-Works with other multimedia employees to develop layouts, themes, and materials.
-Ensure graphics, images or other visual elements used on the web are optimized for that platform and that style and design coincides with all institutional requirements and formats.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor's degree and one year of experience; or any combination of education/experience related to the summary of duties totaling five years.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
-Advanced ability using Maya.
-Advanced ability using Adobe Illustrator.
-Demonstrable skill (such as a portfolio) in graphic design skills in digital 3D design, color, layout, graphics.
-Ability to think in intuitive, non-verbal and visual terms.
-Ability to apply principles of design in the creation of graphical elements, instructional sequences and user experiences/interfaces.
-Ability to apply end user perceptions and knowledge into design and creation of effective user interfaces.
-Ability to take advanced technical information and accurately represent this information in design and function of 3D elements.
-Ability to apply principles of sufficient design, i.e. effective vs. perfect.
-Strong communication skills.
-Exhibit attention to detail and ability to be self-motivated.
-Ability and willingness to stay current and learn software applications.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at HREmployment@uvu.edu.