Detailed Job Description
SUPERVISION RECEIVED FROM: Controller
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO WHOM: Provides indirect supervision for business manager support in Clinics, Seminars and CE. Serves as secondary support of all business office staff in the absence of Controller.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA
- At least 6-8 years of increasingly responsible professional experience and management in higher education or similar institutions, preferred
- Knowledge of accounting standards related to not for profits and universities and federal, state, and local laws and regulations are strongly preferred.
- Possess excellent problem solving, analytical and business skills; and strong project management skills to meet deadlines and work effectively with others.
- Advanced knowledge of the use of information technologies particularly ERP administrative applications used in higher education.
- Ability to work with various departments with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Position may require some evenings and weekends hours as necessary to complete deadlines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform specific general accounting duties and is responsible for accurate financial data integrity, security levels, and financial reporting.
- Serves in the role of Business Manager providing financial oversight, procedure, internal control and accuracy of ancillary operations including Clinics, Seminars and Continuing Education. Provides technical guidance and adherence to policy for timely processing and internal control procedures.
- Provides unitized accounting functions and monthly reporting of long term investment funds. Develops distribution schedules and cash flow expectation and measures performance.
- Responsible for daily and monthly accounting cycle to include but not limited to month-end closing. Prepares monthly financial reporting and forecasting models for internal use and review for Board of Trustees.
- Assists with preparation annual financial reporting and schedules in support of the activities of the external auditors with the oversight of student accounts coordinating with Director of Financial Aid to insure the regulatory compliance of disbursed federal funds. Oversight of preparation of schedules for external audit of University’s benefit plans.
- Ensures capital asset assignments are reconciled at year-end.
- Ensures compliance with a variety of externally-imposed financial recording and reporting regulations and specifically oversees the preparation and accurate reporting of all required federal and state tax returns (990, 990T, meals and sales tax, etc.).
- Provides financial reporting and preparation coordination of A-133 requirements to ensure the controls are in place and enforced University wide.
- Responsible for gift accounting policies and reconcile temporary and permanently restrictions providing monthly reporting.
- Recommends and updates necessary accounting policies and procedures and provides internal control oversight recommendations for Concur travel and entertainment reimbursements.
- Provides backup in A/P, Billing, and Payroll as necessary.
Parker University is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Interested candidates may send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com