Detailed Job Description
This position is a career ladder position and will be placed at one of the following levels depending on qualifications:
Grade 34 - Web Developer
High School Graduate or equivalent and 1 year experience in web design and programming (Bachelor's degree preferred). Receipt of web develoopment in-house certification within 60 days of hire.
Grade 36 - Senior Web Developer
Graduation from an accredited institution with a associate's degree; OR any combination of education and experience totaling two years. And one of the following in-house certifications or equivalent: XHTML, Web coding standards, web development course final exam, and professional certifications related to web development, web systems, or database systems.
Grade 38 - Web Programmer
Graduation from an accredited institution with an associate degree and one year of experience related to the summary of duties; OR any combination of education and/or experience related to the summary of duties totaling three years.
Grade 40 - Senior Web Programmer
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor's degree in a related field; OR an associates degree and two years of experience related to the summary of duties; OR any combination of education and/or experience related to the summary of duties totaling four years. And one of the following in-house certifications or equivalent: XHTML, Web coding standards, web development course final exam, and three professional certifications related to web development, web systems, or database systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of structure design within CMS solutions.
- Advanced skill in working a variety of web duties on web sites, pages, and components with XHTML, JavaSript, CSS, DHTML, form scripts, and other web languages.
- Advanced skill in designing and developing applications using scripting languages such as PHP, ColdFusion, ASP.NET, or others.
- Advanced skill in using web applications such as PhotoShop, Fireworks, Adobe Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash, or others.
- Advanced skill in customer and help desk support in technical areas including task management, phone skills, and customer service.
- Ability to follow coding and programming standards for web applications.
- Ability to design and work with database systems including structure, design, SQL query building, and data retrieval.
- Ability to lead teams of other technicians and developers in web projects.
- Ability to draft requirement documents and storyboards for web projects.
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly and easily with little or no supervision.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain a current knowledge-base in web related technologies, procedures, and techniques.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at HREmployment@uvu.edu.