Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/18/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under supervision and direction of the Dean of the College of Science & Health, the Department Chair of Nursing will direct and manage the Department of Nursing by providing leadership and direction to the faculty, staff and students. The Department Chair position at UVU is a faculty position. All responsibilities of and benefits for faculty will pertain to the Department Chair. The Department Chair of Nursing will also work with the Dean of the College of Science and Health as an Associate Dean of Health Professions.
1. Effectively manage human and fiscal resources for the Department of Nursing and articulate needs to College and University administration.
2. Oversee student admission, progress, retention and graduation.
3. Guide articulation of the nursing programs with other state and national entities.
4. Direct planning, implementing, evaluating, and revising nursing programs.
5. Conduct formal annual evaluations of faculty and staff.
6. Assign faculty workload in accordance with University policy.
7. Coordinate activities relative to continued State Board of Nursing approval, National League for Nursing Accreditation, Northwest Accreditation, and other college review activities.
8. Coordinate with the Dean of the College of Science and Health as an Associate Dean representing the Health Professions.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.