Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/2/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Advises all current nursing students to provide appropriate information necessary to assist in their progress toward completion of their nursing degree. Also advises students already licensed at PN or RN levels who wish to continue their nursing education. Duties include explaining degree requirements, guidelines, making referrals, maintaining records, interpreting test scores, identifying appropriate transferrable course work, coordinating with faculty and staff, and representing the department on various projects, committees and meetings as assigned.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Provide accurate, updated information regarding nursing program and UVU guidelines and procedures to potential students, faculty, staff and others interested in UVU's nursing program
- Create and or update program information on a continuing basis
- Maintain and update necessary computer and software skills to maintain student and statistical records
- Compile and maintain enrollment and graduation statistics for use in various annual reports to various agencies (i.e., State Board of Nursing, NLNAC, etc.)
- Participate in all aspects of nursing application processes, including preparation of applications, review and ranking, scheduling of interviews and preparation of acceptance/rejection letters
- Advise, counsel and monitor all new and continuing nursing students in all aspects of their UVU nursing education
- Maintain a working relationship with student services departments and other advisors
- Monitor registration and enrollment processes in all nursing courses and ensure prerequisite requirements are met in order to progress in program
- Serve as a member of the Advisement Forum and attend and participate in meetings, activities and events of the forum
- Serve on the Department's Admission, Progress & Graduation Committee which handles student petitions, readmission requests, grievances, etc. affecting a students' progress through the program
- Achieve, and maintain, advisor certification
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.