Detailed Job Description
The Program Director for the Center for Women & Business will work closely with the Founding Director in refining and implementing the strategic plan for the Center. S/he will work to ensure that all established programmatic goals and strategic initiatives are realized. Manages the day to day operations of the Center and will oversee administrative, personnel, marketing, programmatic and financial functions.
Additional Description of Duties:
The Program Director in collaboration with the Founding and Senior Directors:
- Supports and promotes the goals and objectives of the Founding Director, works closely with the Sr. Director of the Center to support and realize the academic program objectives, assists in expanding the profile of the Center, functions as the point person for external constituencies, and assists in the realization of goals related to student programs.
- Leads the design, coordination and delivery of all Center programs including corporate best practices and student programing.
- Assists with constituent relations, both current and prospective stakeholders. This includes relationships with donors, corporate executives, professionals, alumni, parents, students, media and other constituents important for the advancement of Center.
- Serves as a liaison for all external advisory councils.
- Manages the financial infrastructure of the Center. This includes but is not limited to, managing the operating budget process, expense allocations, preparing projections, and meeting all financial and budgetary goals of the Center.
- Assists with the strategic planning process of the Center.
- Helps to expand the Center's profile both in Boston and nationally among media, corporations and thought leaders. Assists in the follow-up of business opportunities and helps to evaluate new partners and opportunities.
- Oversees the marketing and PR for the Center. Develops marketing strategies, manages the website, newsletter and social media. Captures content from corporate programming to share on-line and in publications.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree with at least 7 years of related experience. The successful candidate must:
- Be able to build and foster relationships with a diverse constituency base.
- Have proven success in building and developing a high functioning team in a competitive environment; preferably in higher education or in a non-profit environment.
- Act as a strategic thought partner to leadership.
- Effectively manage projects and strategic initiatives.
- Possess exceptional communication and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Deal effectively with several widely different constituencies in both on and off campus settings.
- Possess the creative ability to develop and communicate strategy and programming to multiple audiences.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.