Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/31/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
1. Responsible for implementing and maintaining Distributed Security for the Banner ERP, including fine grain access (FGAC).
2. Works with Ellucian Customer Support, Banner Database Administrators, Programmer Analysts, and/or Functional End Users, as needed, to resolve Banner Security issues.
3. Audits and processes Banner Security Access Requests guaranteeing timely completion; includes user setup and termination processes.
4. Audits and processes changes to Banner Production ensuring adherence to standards and conventions.
5. Responsible for the system integrity of the Banner General & Security modules.
6. Key member of college-wide Functional and Technical teams who helps coordinate Banner upgrades and patches impacting GENERAL and BANSECR objects and processes.
7. Assists the OIT Help Desk by tracking and documenting Banner related issues, as reported by end users.
8. Collaborates directly with Programmer Analysts, Web Developers, and Functional End Users analyzing and designing programs that support Banner Security.
9. Performs thorough testing of systems to comply with quality assurance standards.
10. Drafts, evaluates, and monitors compliance with software and database development security standards.
11. Assists the Banner Module Owners with access reviews.
12. Responsible for audit requests sent to the Enterprise Application Services team.
13. Prepares and presents training sessions on application systems hardware and software, as required.
14. Prepares regular status reports which may include weekly, monthly, annual and special project status reporting.
15. Serves as liaison to College offices, committees and Information Technology personnel as required.
16. Recommends, initiates, and implements improvements to IT operations and processes. Contributes constructive suggestions for change or improvement in other areas.
17. Performs other departmental duties, as required.
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent experience, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience [required].
2. Experience with, and ability to, develop and follow change management procedures and guidelines.
3. Computer programming and logic skills to include SQL scripting and the ability to understand PL/SQL code [required].
4. Knowledge and/or applied skills and abilities in the following areas as preferred:
- Experience with Banner applications software or a background in higher education administrative information systems
- Banner General & Security
- Experience compiling Pro*C and PL/SQL code
- Experience with Subversion (SVN)
- Experience working in a UNIX environment, including AIX, Linux, or Solaris
- Oracle Stored Objects (procedures, packages, functions, and database triggers)
- Good technical writing, flowcharting, and troubleshooting
- Experience working within a formal project management and change management methodology
5. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
6. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.