Detailed Job Description
Under the direction of the Creative Director and Distance Education department, the graphic designer will assist in creation, development and execution of designs for video, web and print media. Plans, analyzes, and communicates ideas in a creative and visual way.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Plans and implements graphic design for video, web and print.
- Designs department materials using quality communication tools.
- Represents UVU in presentations, advisement, referral, and follow-up for prospective students.
- Produces professional illustrations by hand and on the computer.
- Works effectively with vendor's as well as help creates budgets for projects.
- Communicates with other departments effectively.
- Creates focus groups for student insight on Distance Education marketing materials.
- Demonstrates flexibility with creative design and timetables.
- Works as a team member to complete assignments and projects.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor degree and one year experience in similar duties, or an associate degree and three years experience in similar duties, or any combination of education and experience equaling five years.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of typography, color theory and layout.
- Knowledge of creative process for video, web and printed materials.
- Ability to work and contribute as team member in a collaborative work environment.
- Experienced working on a Mac platform.
- Knowledge/ability with Flash, Maya, and After Effects a plus.
- Ability to produce professional illustrations by hand and on the computer.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage workload effectively.
- Skill in broad range of graphic design computer applications including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator on a Mac platform.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Experience in working effectively with vendors.
- Extensive knowledge of creating budgets for projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at HREmployment@uvu.edu.