Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/11/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
INTERNAL SEARCH ONLY
This position is responsible for coordinating service desk, control counter, and Fitness Conditioning Center (FCC) operations for the Health and Human Performance Center.
San Juan College is committed to serving the needs of our students through a process of continuous quality improvement. We uphold and affirm the following iCARE values:
• Hires, trains, assigns, directs, supervises, evaluates and disciplines service desk, FCC and control counter staff.
• Resolves customer complaints; issues refunds; resolves registration issues and payment problems.
• Coordinates with Business Office and Enrollment Services personnel to manage financial and enrollment processes.
• Operates and manages the membership management database system; runs reports as needed; identifies and reports software issues; assists in resolving issues.
• Develops, implements and reviews policies and procedures.
• Oversees corporate accounts, including rates, on-site registration and billing.
• Oversees locker rentals, program signs ups, and expiration notices.
• Processes employee time sheets.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
• Knowledge of personnel management principles.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The Director assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include building codes, liability forms, the employee handbook, the HHPC handbook, and other college and department policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied customer service, administrative, and supervisory duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to coordinate service desk, control counter, and Fitness Conditioning Center operations for the Health and Human Performance Center. Success in this position results in the efficiency and effectiveness of those operations.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, vendors, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects.
• The work is typically performed in an office or fitness center.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position has direct supervision over assigned personnel.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.