Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/10/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position performs specialized duties in support of the college’s student activities functions.
San Juan College is committed to serving the needs of our students through a process of continuous quality improvement. We uphold and affirm the following iCARE values:
• Assists in the day-to-day operations of the Student Activities Office.
• Works with students to plan and implement events and activities through the Student Activities Board and with the Student Programmers and Student ambassadors.
• Provides leadership and guidance to campus clubs, student government, and other student organization including creating and facilitating training for students
• Advises Student Ambassadors and Programmers in time management, financial aid, academic success, etc.
• Serves as co-advisor of the Associated Student Government; attends all meetings of the Executive Officers.
• Serves as co-advisor of the San Juan College chapter of the National Society of Leadership and Success; attends meetings of the Executive Board.
• Assists in making preparations for special events including the development, maintenance and coordination of events.
• Organizes, promotes and implements student events and activities to include the San Juan College Safe Zone Program.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of student activities principles and practices.
• Knowledge of student leadership theory.
• Knowledge of event planning principles.
• Knowledge of the management of college clubs and organizations.
• Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
• Knowledge of personnel management principles.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The Student Activities Specialist assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include Student Government By-Laws and Constitution and college and department policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied specialized duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to provide specialized support for the student activities functions of the college. Success in this position contributes to the efficient and effective provision of student activity programming. Position will be required to work some nights and weekends.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects and climbs ladders.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
Three letters of recommendation will be required if selected as candidate for interview and must be provided prior to scheduled interview date.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.