Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/2/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under direct supervision the Instructional Designer - Aviation will: work with subject matter experts, multimedia personnel, faculty and staff to design, develop, and deliver technology-based educational media and interactive learning experiences; exercise skills in current educational and INTERNET technology, including major learning management systems, social media, office and multimedia software, and web development; collaborate and coordinate with development team members; manage individual and group projects (particularly new on-line course development); maintain and assist in improving local standards, processes, and procedures for educational media production; develop strong, cooperative relationships with campus entities; research and develop educational tools, technologies, practices; assess and evaluate the suitability and effectiveness of technologies and educational media, as well as teaching and learning experiences; train and mentor faculty and staff on the use of technology to enhance teaching.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Work directly with subject matter experts and staff to design, develop, and deliver technology-based educational media and interactive learning experiences using the most effective technology, design practices, and pedagogical approaches.
- Direct the development of technology-based teaching and learning materials.
- Collaborate and coordinate with team members to manage individual and group projects, particularly new on-line course development.
- Assist Director in improving local standards, processes, and procedures for educational media production.
- Develop strong, positive, and cooperative relationships with UVU aviation faculty and staff and other campus entities.
-Research and develop new educational tools, technologies, practices using software and contemporary computer programming, scripting or markup languages.
-Assess and evaluate the appropriateness and effectiveness of technologies and educational media, as well as teaching and learning experiences.
-Train and mentor faculty and staff on the use of technology to enhance teaching.
-Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.