Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/8/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Postdoctoral Research Scholar
Department: Mobile Technology Learning Center
Job IRC #13688
The Mobile Technology Learning Center (MTLC) is the only university-based research center specializing in the field of mobile technology in K-12 education. Established in 2011 by a grant from Dr. Irwin Jacobs and Joan Jacobs, MTLC provides the research, training and services needed to support school districts in their efforts to significantly change the way learning is delivered through mobile technology. Using an innovative approach to align research and practice, MTLC is an international thought leader in K-12 mobile learning and a resource on the local, regional and national levels.
The Postdoctoral Research Scholar is a two-year post-doctoral opportunity involving research into the use and implementation of mobile technology in K-12 learning environments. The Postdoctoral Research Scholar will work with the MTLC team and under the general guidance and supervision of the MTLC Director.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Conducts information research, utilizing institution library, archives, and collections, internet-based information, and other sources of information, to collect, record, analyze, and evaluate facts.
• Conducts field research through interviews, observations, focus groups and other site methodologies to collect, record, analyze, and evaluate facts.
• Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers, and/or records.
• As assigned, serves as project lead supervising research projects conducted by associated faculty, independent contractors, and graduate assistants.
• In the capacity of project lead: plans schedule regarding research methods, availability and quantity of resources, and number of support personnel assigned to the project. As needed, submits the necessary paperwork for Institutional Review Board approval.
• May serve on various center and/or university committees.
• Attendance at weekly all team meetings and research team meetings.
• Represent the center in a professional manner in all activities.
• On occasion, preparation of proposals for, and attendance at, research related industry
• Doctoral degree required.
• Deep knowledge and experience in educational technology, mobile devices, and software applications.
• Strong analytical, organizational, planning, writing, and oral communication skills.
• Experience conducting qualitative and/or quantitative research and evaluation studies.
• Data management skills, including knowledge of Excel or Access.
• Qualitative data analysis skills, including knowledge of qualitative data analysis software.
• Quantitative data analysis skills, including knowledge of SPSS or SAS.
• Initiative, time management skills, and proven ability to follow through with tasks and work independently.
• Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with research center staff, affiliated faculty, school district personnel, and other stakeholders.
• Must possess flexibility and versatility in order to contribute to evolving work situations.
• Some travel to conduct research affiliated with MTLC throughout the United States. Occasional international travel may be required.
• Research experience in K-12 education research, program evaluation, and/or assessment of student learning.
• Familiarity with the use of mobile technology in K-12 educational settings.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Business & Administration: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours per week: 37.5
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
Visit http://apptrkr.com/492528 to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.