Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/5/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
In compliance with FERPA guidelines, assist student populations in all aspects of transcripts and registration: process course and room schedules, transcript requests, entry and audit of grades, enrollment verifications, and other general student assistance and projects as assigned by the Registrar. This position is primarily responsible for serving the public at the Registrar’s Office front window, main phone line, and email account. This position also takes the lead responsibility for manual registration processing and online registration troubleshooting, and is the backup VA Certifying Official.
Duties include, but not limited to:
1) Assist students in all registration processes (manual or electronic). This includes students at the Central Campus and Off-Campus sites
2) Provide Serve students when they come to the Office of the Registrar counter. Must have a broad knowledge of the University to respond to general questions.
3) Assist in the building of course schedules in the University Student Information system
4) Process Official Request for Transcripts
Ensure integrity of Data in the University Student Information System
5) Serve as a back-up for the University VA Coordinator
6) Scan and Index student documentation into the Student Information System.
7) Respond to student inquires via email and phone.
8) Have knowledge of MyLaVerne to assist students to use this on-line application. May include re-setting student PIN’s in the University SIS system.
9) Work with Faculty and Staff to resolve any registration/grading issues they may be experiencing.
10) Perform clerical task including, but not limited to, word processing, photocopying, filing, faxing, mail distribution, and general office duties: research and correct addresses for returned mail.
11) Provide students with written verification of enrollment or degree completions.
12) Issue bus pass cards
13) Issue student ID cards
Two years general office experience, including one year experience working with relational databases.
Must have the ability to interact professionally with the public in person, over the phone, and in writing.
Be able to milti-task and focus on the details
Prior work experince in Higher Education.
The hiring range for this position is dependent upon qualifications and departmental equity. Benefits of employment include a comprehensive health and welfare plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse and dependent children and a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan.
Must include a resume
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.