Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/6/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Interim Director of Graduate and International Programs
Department: Law School
This is a full-time, temporary benefit based position with an anticipated assignment end date of July 30, 2015.
The Director of Graduate and International Programs is responsible for directing all aspects—promotion, student recruitment, admission, retention— of the five LL.M. programs (General, Taxation, International, Business & Corporate, and Comparative), the M.S. in Legal Studies program, International Exchange Programs, and the Law Summer Study Abroad programs. The Director reports to the Dean and works in a collaborative relationship with other offices within the law school and campus, the faculty, and the legal community. This position requires occasional attendance at on and off campus events during and outside normal business hours. Some travel is required.
This position works under the general supervision of the Dean with a dotted line to the Vice Dean, the Faculty Director of Tax Programs, the Faculty Director for International Programs, and the Faculty Director for Summer Study Abroad. This position exercises supervision over the Assistant/Associate Director of Admissions & DSO, the Assistant/Associate Director of Academic Program & Advising and the Program Coordinator.
Examples of Work:
• Direct Recruitment and Admissions for all graduate and international programs
• Manage the Academic Program for Enrolled Students
• Administrative Duties
• Graduate Degree required; J.D. strongly preferred.
• Minimum of five years professional experience in higher education is required; legal education is strongly preferred.
• Experience in marketing, publicity, outreach and/or admissions in higher education are required.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail is critical.
• Exceptional communication skills, including effective writing and public speaking.
• Must be available to work occasionally on early mornings, evenings and weekends.
• Valid driver’s license and U.S. passport; must be available to travel locally, nationally, and internationally for extended periods.
• Ability to work with students experiencing academic and/or personal difficulties.
• Experience working with international populations is strongly preferred.
• Successful experience in staff supervision desired.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Business & Administration: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours per week: 37.5
Closing date: July 25, 2014
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
Visit http://apptrkr.com/491844 to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.