Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/29/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Saint Louis University, a Catholic Jesuit institution dedicated to education, research, healthcare and service, is accepting applications for a non-tenure track, 12 month 1.0FTE instructor/assistant professor faculty appointment in the Department of Physician Assistant Education. This principal faculty member will work with the Director of Clinical Education and participate in didactic and clinical coursework with a strong focus on the coordination of clinical education for the PA students.
As a full time university faculty member, s/he will be involved in teaching, advising, student counseling, faculty development, research/scholarly activity and service to the university, the community and the profession. As a principal faculty member of the PA Program s/he will also participate actively in program admissions activities, academic progressions activities, didactic and clinical curriculum activities/assessment and ongoing program assessment. Ideally, s/he will continue working in clinical practice or other non-academic professional practice 4-8 hours each week.
- Alignment with the mission of the university and the program
- Minimum of a master's degree or near completion of master's degree; doctoral degree preferred
- At least three years of clinical and/or professional experience preferred
- Academic or clinical health-related teaching experience preferred
- For PA candidates, NCCPA certification and eligibility for PA licensure in Missouri are required. For a non-PA candidate, appropriate certification and licensure as determined per profession, are required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer competency and excellent organization skills
- History of successful research/scholarly activity preferred
Specific Functions and Responsibilities
Working closely with the Director of Clinical Education, this faculty member will:
1. Coordinate the organization of clinical year which includes clinical site placement for students, Phase II master calendar, overview and orientation; the Clinical Handbook/Policy Manual, organization and updates of affiliation agreements, the Affiliations Committee of the Doisy College of Health Sciences, regular Clinical Team Meetings, strategic planning retreats and the transition to electronic files for clinical year.
2. Serve as the primary contact for Phase II students to include the post-rotation schedule, student contact with sites and the program, post-testing via PAEA/exam driver and clinical rotation issues/concerns.
3. Serve as the primary contact for clinical preceptors and clinical sites to include documentation/credentialing for each clinical site, site/preceptor issues or concerns, preceptor database and clinical site visits.
4. Direct clinical preceptor and site recruitment and retention efforts.
5. Participate in academic functions and responsibilities to include the Senior Seminar course; didactic and clinical coursework; lecturer, proctor and small group facilitator as needed.
6. Serve as liaison and work closely with clinical course directors regarding course materials and assessments like syllabi, objectives, pre- and post-tests, supplemental components, Blackboard maintenance, student remediation, etc.
7. Oversee the assessment and improvement process of the clinical year to include ARC-PA standards, student-completed evaluations, preceptor-completed evaluations, clinical site visits, post-rotation small group meetings, patient tracking data, etc.
The primary mission of the Saint Louis University Physician Assistant Program is to educate men and women to become competent, compassionate physician assistants dedicated to excellence in healthcare and the service of humanity. The SLU PA Program was one of the first twelve PA programs in the country and has enjoyed a long reputation of academic excellence and solid leadership in PA education. The program accepts 34 students each year and offers a Master of Medical Science (M.M.S.) degree to its graduates. Please see pae.slu.edu for more about the SLU PA Program.
Application Details: All applications must be made online at https://jobs.slu.edu. Required materials include: a cover letter, application, and current curriculum vitae. Review of qualified applications will begin as received and continue until the position is filled.
Saint Louis University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages nominations and applications from women and minorities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.